Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Day 36: Keep these FANTASTIC days coming!!!!!

BEAUTIFUL Arizona weather…….again, again!!!!! When that bright sun rises….the warmth immediately is felt……and the cloudless sky becomes even a brighter blue with each passing hour. It is sooooo great to have that deep, dark French Roast coffee on the patio in an atmosphere of very little, if even any, humidity……and such incredible temperatures.
Soooo…..how did this day progress?????? Well, the 1st Lady was up and left TheHowserHouse by 8:45 AM this monring to go where??? LINE DANCING!!!! Oh yeah….she checked the resort schedule and found that there was a class meeting at 9 this morning, and so out she went……climbed onto her bike….and rode away to the Clubhouse.

Me??? Well………since the Wifi here sucks big time……absolutely unavailable to those who don’t pay the $30 per month….UNLESS, you take your own lappie to the Library or to the Clubhouse where there IS free Wifi. And so….that is what I did. Checked out the email, the newspapers, the weather in F’town, and in the RGV in Texas. Then…..

The 1st Lady returned and quickly got ready to go to lunch with a group of other ladies who are all friends with Mac and Gail……our friends. Soooo, I just hung out around TheHowserHouse……talked with some other people from Missouri…..and another guy who has a Cedar Creek 5th wheel. Then Mac ambled over……and we sat and discussed his entry into the 21st century……..he is going to purchase a laptop while we are here so we can teach him and Gail how to use a computer.

Later on, we moved over to his park model home…..and the rest of the afternoon was spent on his covered patio……talking with other guys whose wives were “out to lunch” in that group. Mid-afternoon Gail and the 1st Lady returned and so we remained on their patio and just played “catch-up” on our families, our homes, our plans…..all the events that have occurred since we were out here last spring.

This evening…….well, each Wednesday evening they have a “jam” gathering in the Clubhouse auditorium and so we went to listen to these “old timers”……..and it was certainly evident that none of them will be asked to make a CD any time soon. In fact……I think they are way past their prime with their musical(??) talents….haha. It was fun to listen……as some of the tunes they played/sang were from the time when I was still living with my parents and my dad would listen to some of these recordings on a 78rpm turntable or on his large Philco radio…….sure brought back those memories of a different era!!!!!!

I attempted to get into the Library before they were to close this evening at 9pm, however…..it was already locked. Last night I was over there when they came to lock the door, but since I was in there, all I had to do was turn out the lights and lock the door when I left……which I did about 11pm last night. Therefore…….I HOPE that my cell phone will be able to send this post out into cyberspace this evening.!!!!

We plan to go into town tomorrow. Need some restocking of the pantry, I HAVE to get my 69 hairs on the top of my head shortened, and Mac wants to check on any laptops that might be on sale there. Sooooo, there will be a change of pace when we return to a busy town with lots of traffic.

This RV Park is out in the desert!!! Tonight as we returned to TheHowserHouse we could hear the coyotes outside the fence perimeter baying and howling………rather fun to hear them so loudly!!!

To recap…….a very peaceful and relaxing day went by……all too quickly, just as my Life is doing. But…….all of the other residents here in the Park are in the same aging process and their lives are slipping away just as quickly. Mac and I had a long discussion about Parkinson’s Disease, of which he was diagnosed last year as having……and we talked about how it was affecting him…..how he was changing……and the hopes of living with this for another 20 years….a distinct possibility the medical doctors tell him. But….no one can predict how fast the disease will progress inside his body and how it will destroy him, just as it is doing to Michael J. Fox and thousands of others. His right hand and leg/foot are really the most prominent appendages that have the characteristic tremors and shakes…….as of now.

I also talked with my cousin who lives in Phoenix for the winters. She was diagnosed with liver cancer a couple of years ago……and it, too, is progressing in it’s deadly grip. I hope she feels well enough for me to visit her, if only for an hour or two at her home before she and her husband have to fly back to Virginia on Monday. She is returning because of her failing health and to be nearer to her medical doctors that she has put trust and hopes in.

And soooooo……as my Life goes on with each beautiful day out here in Arizona……out here in the desert with the coyotes soooo near…….no matter how fast these days go by……

Life is GREAT…..and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: