Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Day 42(6 weeks); Not much happening........

A spot of rain last night......and about every 2-3 hours today the broken clouds healed themselves by coming together and dropping a few more raindrops on us. A bit of wind today.....and then it would whisk away the clouds to allow the sun to shine down upon us for a small amount of time.....what kind of English is "down upon"???? Is that a contradiction? Oh well......

And so, we just rather hung out around here today. This afternoon I help Mac and Gail in their pursuit of learning how to use a computer/lappie........and things ARE progressing. I keep trying to remember back about 10 years to when I was working at understanding just how to open windows, press delete keys, etc., etc. and then get the damn thing turned off! WOW......how things have changed in 10 years!!!!!!!!

Now I have a TIVO.....two laptops......one desktop pc.......satellite radio.....a 42" plasma tv.....two DVD players......3 outdated and almost useless VCRs........a digital camera......a scanner/copier/fax/photo printer.......a printer for TheHowserHouse.....surround sound in TheHowserHouse........two cell phones.......6 land phones in the stick/brick.......2 walkie-talkies in TheHowserHouse and who knows what else!!!! THINGS HAVE CHANGED IN 10 YEARS!!!!!

Hmmmmm......as I review the "list" above......my thoughts are churning......am I really....REALLY...better off with all of those technological gadgets?????? To answer that.....well, I will just have to think for awhile.......

American Idol: THANK GOD we were not subjected to the auditions in the various cities again tonight!!!!! I really believe that is all staged and planned for the tellie audience's ratings......there is NO WAY that some of those would make it through several levels of the auditions to make it to perform(???) in front of Simon, Paula, and Randy.

Today????: relaxing was the word of the day........and with that, as you know.......

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What camera do you use? What photo program?
The pictures are fabulous!
Thanks
Al Viscardi

John said...

My camera is a Olympus D-545. I have downloaded Picasa....and that is what I use.....nothing fancy at all.

Thanks for the compliments......I just point the camera and shoot...making adjustments in position for light basically.