Thursday, March 02, 2006

Yep....I AM alive......

With having complained soooo much lately about my sinus infection and then not writing last night, I had several calls wondering if I had ceased to exist from my face exploding under the pressure of the overfilled sinus cavities. Well, to let all know.....my face is still intact....with all three chins sagging to my chest and the wrinkles returning as my infection begins to die down. However, last night I was really suffering and just simply went to bed early and medicated myself......heavily!! (NOT the dark red medicine)

This morning I felt a bit better and as the day went by, I kept feeling a bit better. Had a guest for coffee this morning.....my former student and then asst. band director...THE Michael Goldsmith. As usual, we drank French Roast coffee and talked and talked. There always seems to be soooo much to talk about that has happened since we were last.....drinking coffee together. Are we worse than two hens chattering away over morning coffee???? Hmmmmm......hadn't thought about that until right now, but there might be something in that thought! HAHAAH. I'll meditate on that one a bit more.....hehehee.

Later this morning.....after two hours of chatting between gulps of steaming Fr. Roast, I took off for the Farmington area to do more looking and research on floor tiles, vanity tops/granite/solid surface/etc., carpeting, and kitchen counter tops. Soooo, after becoming more and more confused over ALL of the choices available......I returned feeling drained and exhausted......hmmmmm, is that age or illness???? (sure it is the present day sickness that has invaded my aging body)

This evening, after the 1st Lady returned from another H.S. Academic Team victory(she is the coach), we then had decisions to make about the little steps we are having built from the living room into the tv/family room that is under construction. We had to decide the width of the step and the length that we are having the living room floor run out into the family room before it steps down. Next it was decision time on the three door handles.....brushed nickel is the winner which now means the door hinges must be changed from the brass kind that came with the pre-hung doors we purchased. ALWAYS something.......whew!!!

Been sooooo busy tonight that I haven't even found out who was "kicked off" of Am. Idol tonight....and now we are behind on watching "ER".....may never get to bed tonight....hahaa. Did watch "Survival".....it was just ok.....just can't get into this series of it.

So....another day(two days) have gone by.....and the main thrust has once again been: THE HOUSE. Will this ever end?????? Sat morning we have the, hopefully, the final bid on kitchen cabinets. Hope this works for us.

I will close this post.......time for my nurse to deliver my bedtime meds (HA....as tired as the 1st Lady is, I can't imagine her bringing my meds into the den while I watch "ER"!!!) As always.........(with when I'm not feeling well)......

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: