Friday, March 10, 2006

"High" on a 2 step ladder.......

The 1st Lady was up and gone by 6AM this morning......returning a bit after 6pm this evening. BUT......once again they were the 1st place winners. This time they were at one of the community colleges in StL forthe day. Now......for this group of students it is on to the MO State competition.

I found myself not going back to lala land after she left, so eventually I pulled myself up to my evolved state of standing on two legs and after fixing the Fr. Roast coffee (had to grind a few beans this morning, first), I got into my paint clothes and began to put more lovely primer on the walls and ceiling. UGH!!!!! I put on the first coat in the walk-in closet, both walls and ceiling. Then I moved into the new wall in the living room and put on the 1st coat there, also. Next it was back to the bedroom where I put on the second coat on the walls. EVEN with the windows open, fans running, etc., etc., by this time I was progressing to a throbbing headache.....and then during the last 30 minutes, whenever I got onto the very small ladder....only 2 steps....I found myself reeling with the room going around. Yep......it is/was the paint fumes!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooo, by noon, I was fixing some coffee, downing some pain killers, and headed to the sofa. It took all afternoon to get rid of the head pain....oh yeah....I did have a small mask over my nose/mouth while painting........and then I felt better.

Now.....all this evening I have been checking on paint colors for the bedroom and bath. When in Chicago and St Louis, we saw a beautiful shade of blue and chocolate playing together on sofas/pillows, bed materials, and other decor. Really, really loved the two shades together, but......do you think I can find that blue on the internet???? Hell no!!! We have the colors for the family/tv/entertainment room......but now the other two rooms are needing IMMEDIATE help and decisions to be made!!!!!! The blue is not quite as intense as robin-egg blue....not quite a turquoise, but neither is it a country/periwinkle blue. We are planning on getting new bedroom furniture.......the newly popular dark wood....called espresso or cappuccino. Hmmmmm.....hahaha.....wonder why THAT color?????

Sooooo, I stopped my research online to put out these few words into cyberspace for all of you to catch, haul into your life, and read. Tomorrow.......well, more primer to be applied in my ever-so artistic manner.....another headache looming for the afternoon.....and hopefully I won't fall off the little ladder with vertigo.....fume-induced!!

Soooo, I bring this little post to all of you out there to a close......no good segue to use here.

Life is Great!!!! and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: