Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Is it an allergy???

Today was the day I was going to spend with a paintbrush in my hand.........applying primer to the walls and ceilings of the newly remodeled rooms. Sooooo, with ragged clothes upon my sagging hulk, I began to paint the bathroom. Oh yeah.....I opened a couple of windows to allow "fresh" air into the rooms. But......it wasn't long....perhaps 45 minutes.....and my head was throbbing. Soooo, I finished the bathroom and then began cleaning my brush(es) and paint pan.........AFTER I had taken some headache meds(not the dark red kind).

After changing clothes....I put my head on the arm of the sofa in the den....the only room we can find a bit of seating in the entire house. It wasn't long before I was gone from this day.......for about an hour. Awakened by the telephone, I answered it and then began the job of coming alive.......with my head still aching.

I did give lessons to my students......most of them have a competition in the next couple of weeks, so it was important to them....and to me.....that they get some advice on their performance pieces. During that time, I put a couple of large sweet potatoes into the oven to bake.......yummmm. Both the 1st Lady and I really do enjoy a baked sweet potatoe every week or so!!!!

The evening was spent laying around on the sofa watching American Idol and a couple of other series. I still have a throbbing head.......is it an allergy to paint???? This same event has occurred to me when painting previous times.........the fumes seem to bring on the headache.....and then it makes me about half sick(is "half sick" possible???). BUT.....I will give it another try tomorrow!!!!!!! I WILL NOT give up on a task that I can do rather than paying someone else!!!!!

Sooooo, guess I will close this for now...........and as always (even with paint pain)....

Life is Great.......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: