Monday, March 27, 2006

Rain, Dreary.....cool temps

Woke up with a "paint" headache.....should have got up around 4am when I woke up the first time with the paint man pounding inside, but just laid there and tried to go back to sleep. Boy......these fumes are really getting to me.....more and more each time we paint!!!! The odor was still in the house when I got up at 6:30am this morning.......and it took all morning of just lounging around before I managed to kick out that little paint man....and the pounding eased up somewhat.

Sooooo, what did I do???? I got out the damn paint brush.....and painted the bathroom. Yeah.....I just couldn't lay around all day without getting something accomplished....and we seem to be soooo damn far behind in getting Stage I completed. I put on a paint mask to try to block the fumes, opened all available windows, turned on the fan and set it in the window, and turned on the bathroom exhaust fan. BUT......when I had to close the door to paint behind it, well,........I got dizzy, my hearing in both ears got very muddled and dull.....and I quickly finished the job and got the hell out of there!!!!! It HAS to be age......painting never really bothered me before, but WOW......it sure affects me now. DAMN IT!!!!

However, the bathroom and the bedroom are now painted....just some edging to be done. Oh yeah.....I do need to do the bedroom ceiling, but that should not be a problem....work wise. The 1st Lady is going to do the edges, so that makes it somewhat easier on me.......less fumes on the floor level.

The rest of the day went quickly......and after supper(not dinner), it was time for "24"!!! Will sure hate to se this series finish for the season......really enjoy it!!! This evening I went searching online for Georgia O'Keefe paintings.......specifically her "Canna", which is a large red canna. Found what I want, have selected the frame for the print(lots of choices), and plan to order it soon. It is only $128 for the framed print with shipping......a really good bargain! Of course, it is going in the gray family/tv room to compliment the new red sofa. Oh......it has arrived in STL!!!! We had to special order it for the red fabric we wanted on it. Don't want to go get it until ALL is done in the four rooms......don't want the dust to settle on it!!!! Believe it or not.......it is STILL coming from somewhere and settling on everything!!!! And I have changed the furnace filter four times!! Oh well........

The vanity for the bathroom SHOULD be done by now. Must run to STL to get the vanity top.....all the fixtures are here and ready to go. Now just to get the tile guy to come and put them down in the bath. The carpet for the tv room is at the store.....and we have to get the bedroom carpet purchased. Need to find another chair for the family room......and still haven't purchased a bedroom set as yet. Know what we want....just haven't found it for the right price........as inexpensive as possible.

Soooooo, as the day has disppeared........

Life is GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: