Sunday, March 12, 2006

Last night.....the Gods were angry!!!!!

When the alarm went off this morning......well, I could have sworn I had been at an all-night party with NO sleep. After sitting with our feet dangling into the small drop from the laundry room to the abyss under the house where all the creepy-crawlies live....waiting for the sounds of a tornado bearing down upon our HowserHouse (stick/brick).....so that we could drop under the house so we would not be sucked into the atmosphere and spit out onto some treetop or rooftop with multiple injuries, we finally went to bed after the all clear was given.

BUT....around 1AM this morning, I awakened to sounds of all hell breaking loose around our house.......the skies lit up like NYC for quick bright flashes of the deadly spears of light that came uncomfortably close to our stick and brick HowerHouse. I quickly jumped out of bed and unplugged the tellie, the internet cable, and all of the important square boxes under the tellie that give us our entertainment. I found the flashlight, opened up the trap door.....again.....and located my clothes in case the horrendous roaring re-appeared in the night, as it had only hours earlier. The 1st Lady only groaned.....and so I quietly(did it really make a difference with all hell going on outside) slid back into bed and awaited the possible end of our home.

After about 15 minutes of this, calm was restored.....and I eventually slipped back into a shallow sleep. However........not to be outdone, another storm pushed in about an hour later.....and it was even worse than storm #2, if that's possible. Sooooo, I laid there ready to push the 1st Lady into the under the house abyss to save our lives.......and then the downpour began. The house was shuddering under the strain of the thousands of gallons of rain that were emptied onto our roof by some unknown hand........and it continued for over 30 minutes. And like storm #2, it soon left us.....deep in silence except for the rain dripping off of every part of the gutter, but ........I finally fell back asleep.

And in another flash......the day began.

We struggled to get up and ready to go to visit Mike. Returned home early this afternoon......and then began the daily ordeal of spreading paint on the ceilings and walls. I am beginning to think that I am now in Paint Purgatory!!!!! Oh.....but do I ever dislike....errr, hate.....to paint!!!!!! I wonder if this is related to one of my past Lives?????????? More thoughts on this later........when I have had a more restful night!!!

And soooo, thid evening.....it is Grey's Anatomy.....a wonderful show. AND........guess what???? We are soooooooooo lucky......we are under ANOTHER tornado watch!!!!!!!! Is this the beginning of "Round 2"????

Soooooooo, oh yeah......

Life is Great......and I hope for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: