Thursday, March 30, 2006

My last day.............to be 62

Today???? I spent part of the morning downtown visiting with a couple of people. Then......don't ask what happened to the rest of the day, because I do not know!!! I was at home most of the time........did some research on surround sound systems online, and then a little after 3, the 1st Lady and I went up to Farmington and decided on the carpet for the bedroom/closet.

Came home.......and I fixed some shrimp and cocktail sauce, some vino.....and we were good to go for a light supper!! And it was very good. And then.........well, I have continued checking on surround sound systems....and watching a bit of the tellie.

It was a rather calm and uninteresting day........perhaps this is what is coming during the next year of my Life???? I can easily take and accept the "calm day".......but sure as hell don't want many "uninteresting" days!!!

Soooooooo, for the last day of my first year of Social Security..........

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

1 comment:

Larry and Cindy said...

Hi John,

We are putting surround sound and whole house stereo in our new house. We are working with a company here in town who also sells security systems. They are putting a central point for all sound to originate. The stereo receiver, Satellite receiver, CD player etc.. will be located under the TV in the family room then there are remote controls in the rooms you have speakers. We put surround sound in the family room, stereo speakers in the Kitchen, master bedroom, library & outside speakers. All of this was pretty pricy though about $3,500 but included phone lines and high-speed internet outlets in selected rooms as well. I will be able to put my DSL modem in the basement along with a router then I can use my computer in any room in the house. Pretty cool. Cindy calls it my treat for the house. She got the Granite counter tops.