Saturday, April 01, 2006

Never fear.....Howser's still here (even at age 63!!!)

Oh yeah.......nothing was heard from me on my age-changing day. Sorry about that.......it is just that the day, afternoon, and evening were pretty packed with a variety of things that this old man HAD to get done. Yesterday.....with many, many emails, cards, gifts, and well-wishes on the Cedar Creek RV Oweners Club website......became a busier day that I had anticipated. All of the listed above kept me going all morning long.

The afternoon was taken up by getting outside and STARTING to get the yard cleaned up and awakened to the wonderful Spring warmth that we are experiencing. Things are happening in the yard with the plants, flowers, shrubs, and herbs that are way ahead of normal schedule......and this puts me even FARTHER BEHIND on things going on out there. So, I spent a bit of time out there checking on everything, and piling up many branches, limbs, and just plain old sticks that have been descending from the trees all winter long.

Then.......back inside I went to follow along behind our contractor as he nailed up the baseboards in the various rooms. What was I doing following him??? Filling in the nail holes with putty so those small spots could be smoothed out and painted.

Then the 1st Lady rushed home after school so we could rush to Farmington for an appointment with the cabinet makers that we are currently working with on designs for the kitchen and cabinets. OF COURSE....everytime we go there, the price ascends....and soon it will be way tooooo high for us oxygen breathing old people.

While there, the 1st Lady and I had my birthday dinner at The Pasta House. LOVE their food....and so I enjoyed my Tortellini (sp??), salad, wine, and strawberry cheesecake!!!! As usual, it was very busy and since I had some "going down the road" to do, we didn't linger very long.

Back home, I gathered together a few things, threw them in the F-350 beast and headed south......to Poplar Bluff, MO. It only takes about an hour, so it wasn't a long drive by any means. I had been asked, and I accepted, to judge at the Southeast Mo. District Music Festival which was held at Three Rivers Community College. Soooo, last night was spent across the street from the campus in a very new and well-appointed Comfort Inn.......where all the judges were housed. Albeit a new and nice hotel, I HATE the heating/cooling in these places as the damn blower never goes off no matter how the thermostat is set. No window would open, as usual, and so I had to have some AC to keep from becoming a 63-year-old bag of slimy sweat. Therefore......it was difficult to sleep last night with that blower continually thrusting cool air across the room and landing right on my bed....and ME!!! What did I have this morning that I didn't have when I turned out the lights last night?????? SINUS problems!!!! DAMN!!!!!!

Oh well, the morning came rather early as I had to be in a meeting on campus at the Tinnin Fine Arts Center.....for all of the those judging the high school musicians. I was the "appetizer" judge........doing all of the pianos, and also brass and woodwind solos and ensembles which couldn't be scheduled into the other contest center rooms for those specific instruments. It was really enjoyable for me to be able to critique the young adults.......and I heard a few really good performances......which I gave "I" ratings to so they now will move on to the State Music Festival at the Univ. of Missouri in Columbia later this month.

Soooo, when this was completed, I headed north to TheHowserHouse for the evening. The 1st Lady had gone to STL today to meet Dr. Jeni and daughters...and Rachel.....so they could go to the WONDERFUL STL Science Center!!! It is such a GREAT place to spend an afternoon!!! TRY it....you'll LIKE it.

And now......I'm trying to work out the schedule for tomorrow. Have to meet the 1st Lady in STL to pick up our vanity top....and do some idea shopping for the new two rooms. Soooooo, will close this......and.....

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: