Sunday, April 16, 2006

TWO very, very busy days.......and more to come!!

Yesterday....There was much to do around the house.....and with Jeremy here, we didn't get much done except to sip some steaming coffee on the patio and discuss the past two months. He has made campaign trips to Washington D.C., Miam, FL, Chicago, IL, and is leaving next week for a trip to NYC. Of course, we talked about things he had done in each city with the campaign.....and needless to say, restaurants they had dined in.

He left around noon to go into STL to visit friends and hit a few of the hot spots last night. Sooo, the 1st Lady and I left a bit later and went into STL to get serious about selecting a new bedroom suite, along with several other things that we needed to pick up for the house. Well......it took much longer than expected and before we knew it, it was 9:30pm and the store we were in was making preps to close. So, we headed home and was in the house in only 70 minutes from the southern part of STL. Getting so that I think I could drive this with my eyes closed.......and last night.....hahaha, they were almost closed by the time I arrived home.

This morning.......well, it was coffee on the patio accompanied by the Sunday St. Louis Post-Dispatch.......so we caught up on the news of the day and the events planned for future dates in the city. Then it was time to get to work........finished raking up leaves that I had left around plants and shrubs, burned some of the massive amount of limbs and twigs and other pieces of trees that had fallen during the recent storms.

Then after a delicious late afternoon dinner on the patio accompanied by some wonderful red vino, I headed to TheHowserHouse (on wheels) for the de-hibernation process.........the cleaning part. I got my brushes, cleaning liquids, sponges, etc. and climbed up the ladder with the hose on my belt and began the job of scrubbing the "rubber" roof .......on my hands and knees. It is almost 400 sq. feet......and so my knees are screaming at me as I sit here and write these thoughts.

After the roof was done, I began to wash down the sides by hand........and got about 1/4 of the way around the entire RV. Then I couldn't move another muscle.......so I called it a day. Now....my 63 sagging hulk is REALLY sagging and.....my entire body is pissed at me/my mind for doing all of this to it!!!! I am certain that I will really need some help.....less gravity.....to get out of bed in the morning......hahaha!!!!

Getting anxious to head south 225 miles to Memphis......wish I was leaving before Thursday, however, the 1st Lady is not very excited AT ALL about me going and her staying here in Missouri. She has a couple of competitions with her science teams and with her Academic Teams this weekend.......so it is impossible for her to make the Rally!! Hope the weather is good.....however, long range forecasts for Memphis for later this week is for thunderstorms.....UGH!!!! When the 1st Lady and I were down there for Veteran's Day weekend, it stormed one night while we were in TheHowserHouse and the winds kept the RV shuddering and shaking for awhile.

Soooo, another day comes tomorrow.....more RV washing ( it is BIG at 37 feet long and 8 feet wide with the slides CLOSED).....and the 1st Lady is talking about running up to STL to check on some window treatments. The panel drapes I bought at Pier I are tooooo short ......we have tall window in the bedroom, so they have to be returned ......DAMN IT!!! We both really, really like them....the fabric, the texture and the color. Anyway....just another glitch in the remodeling process!!

Life is GREAT......(even with the minor glitches).....and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: