Thursday, April 27, 2006

A BEAUTIFUL DAY........!!!

WOW......such a grand day for the 27th of April......absolutely great!! Took my morning's Fr. Roast cup of steaming hot coffee on the patio. While I haven't put out any annual flowers, as I usually do, the Azaleas that I have planted over the years are in full bloom. In fact, I believe they have more flowers than every before.......could it be "global warming"???? Any way.......they are certainly worth enjoying early in the mornings.

With a heavy dew on the lawn, I decided that this was a good day to put on the Scott's 2+2, as well as some weed killer. The next hour was spent in pushing a little spreader around the yard....with little white granuals slipping out of the bottom, holding on to the wet blades and leaves. Hopefully, the granuals will do what they are supposed to do........they don't come cheap...HA!

Then, it was time to get the clippers and invade the fountain grass which has been a beautiful straw color all winter long.......HOWEVER, the green has been shooting up and the dead grass needed to be cut out. WELL......not an easy task!!!! It took about 2.5 hours to get the job done......UGH!!!! I could have just cut it all back, but didn't want to lose the new shoots of grass that had grown up between last year's dead stuff. Sooooo, I finally drug out a child's chair and sat my broadening ass upon it and began clipping and tossing the dead stuff. When I finally finished I hauled it all around to the rear of the yard and began to burn it......illegally!!! Yep.....not allowed to do this in town except during October. Soooo, I kept hoping the wind would continue to blow to the north......away from the city center. And it did........would have hated to been given a ticket for illegal burning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This afternoon I did some more trimming around the edges, checking on my herb garden, and making a quick trip to WalMart. Finally it was time for some dark red medicine on the patio as the afternoon began to disappear. The 1st Lady had to go to the annual sorority Founder's Day banquet, so I fixed one of my favorite low-cal dishes.......and one that is loaded with flavors!!! Rice cooked in chicken broth, and topped with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots......along with some marinated tomatoes......yummmmy!!!!!

I did call my mother twice today: Today she is 93 years young!!!!! This evening when I talked with her she said she had twelve phone calls and many, many cards. She was sooooo excited about all of this!!!

Sooooo, another day has passed, and as usual,

Life is GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also.

No comments: