Sunday, April 02, 2006

Ahhhh, SPRING.....STORMS!!!!!

As the 1st Lady had spent the night with Dr. Jeni and family at the Moser Estates. Sooo, after a large cup of French Roast coffee, I hit the road and went up to STL to join her in a day of shopping for items that we need in the newly remodeled rooms. We met at one of the best places in STL for home items......EXPO....which is owned by Home Depot, however......well, I guess the best way to say it is that it is VERY upscale in comparison to the regular Home Depot. NOTHING like H.D.......in any way.

Sooo, we purchased our vanity top and towel racks, etc. while we were there this morning. I managed to get it inside the back seat of the truck........and as the day progressed, I am certainly glad it fit inside!!!!

The 1st Lady was planning to take Rachel down to see Mike this afternoon, so she left around 2pm to pick her up. After driving down to Bonne Terre, it was not possible to see him.....too many other visitors. Sooooo, she called Rachel's maternal grandfather and he came down to meet them in Festus. I spent the time shopping in a few other places, Pier 1, Hancock Fabrics (as I was told to do by the 1st Lady to look for drapery fabrics), and, then to Linens and Things. A few other places wound up my shopping trip.....and I was called by Dr. Jeni and to get going as the tornados were dropping everywhere.

Sooo, I headed down I-55 and by the time I got a few miles south, close to Imperial, the sky was BLACK and then the winds hit with a tremendous force.......soooooo strong that while I was driving that big beast of a truck, I was blown across two lanes of the 5 lane interstate.....and would have crashed into other vehicles had any been alongside me. WHEW!!!!! I was SOOOOO lucky.......but, I had to fight the winds and could barely keep the truck on the highway. I took the next exit which I knew would get me into a lower area surrounded by bluffs.....and it was a fight just to get off the highway......the rain was driving against me in sideway sheets of water, driven by the winds. I turned to get the wind to my rear....and drove as quickly as I could to get behind something......and then after I skirted around a downed tree stretched across the road, I found a car wash....made of brick....and drove into one of the wash bays. Sat there for about 10 minutes until the wind stopped and the rains slowed down.....and then I returned to the Interstate and headed home.

In Bonne Terre......the roof of a motel which is beside the highway was blown onto the highway....and detours had to made to get thru that area. When I returned home, there was still pea size hail in the yard......don't know how much hit our house, area.....but it was probably quite a bit.

Soooooo, the day was typical of a Spring day in Missouri........isn't this just the place where you might like to spend your life???? HAHAHA......guess I have done that, but it does get a bit nerve-wracking every now and then!!

Sooooo, even though I was dodging a storm and hiding from it's furies......

Life is GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: