Monday, April 10, 2006

AHHHH, it is ALMOST finished!!

Yep......it is finally getting close to completion. This entire process began 10 weeks ago tomorrow.......never had any idea it would take this long to reach this point in the project. Today.....the new 42" plasma tv found its new home.......it is floating in the large built-in niche that I had built for it, with 3" of "breathing space" around the perimeter of the tv. It now appears to be definitely floating in the space, as the bracked is attached to some thick boards behind it so that the tv is actually flush with the walls of the room, but 3" away from the walls on each of the four sides. Just the way I designed this viewing area. The other three niches in the picture below are for the cable box/satellite box(when I get it installed), dvd player, TIVO box. Two of these will be in one niche so that I can use the bottom one which is a larger opening for the receiver of the surround sound system....yet to be purchased.

All of these openings open into the garage, so that NO cords/cables are visible in the viewing room. Small doors will cover the openings with small openings for the wiring to go through into the garage. It is finally all coming together......after a couple of mistakes due to the contractor and I being on different "pages" in our thinking and not communcating as well as we should have. But the mistakes were resolved, corrected, and all is well!!

Our first piece of furniture arrived from Overstock.com.......a 48" black leather bench which has found its home under the two large windows at the end of the room. A great place for conversation with a good glass of dark red vino or two. In the pics below, the medium gray of the walls and carpet do not show up well at all......will have to work on the lighting to get a better picture, perhaps during the daylight hours.

The new red sofa should arrive by the weekend.......and then I have to find the Georgia O'Keefe print.....a large one.....of her painting of a large red canna......one of her famous flower creations. LOVE her work.....and it will go sooo well in this room...with a contemporary black frame around the print. I've found one online, but it is not as large as I want for the space on the wall that I have planned for.

Sooooo, my day has been one of multi-tasking: working on the tv room, beginning the job of getting my tax info into the computer program, mowing about 1/4 of the lawn, picking up MORE limbs, working with the contractor as to how we want the racks/shelving units installed in the walk-in closet, beginning the job of bringing TheHowserHouse on wheels back to Life again after the winter hibernation, going to Farmington to meet AGAIN with the kitchen cabinet designer, and then managing to see the newest episode of "24"(the most intense series on the tellie!!). WHEW.....this just tires me out writing all of this out for you to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now that I have caught my breath.......it is about time to lay this sagging hulk on the very firm bed and get some much needed rest this evening as tomorrow will be an exact repeat of the multi-tasking with a few more categories added.....ugh!!!

However, I can't close without expressing my appreciation for the wonderful email I received from a former student who is now a band director in STL. He discussed my influence on him and his life/career......and believe me, those kinds of words are worth soooooo much more than the few dollars a teacher receives each month. THAT is what teaching is all about!!!!! Thanks, Chuck!

Life is GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: