Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I need to RETIRE!!!!!!!

What ever happened to my life: getting up and on a warm spring day, having my coffee on the patio observing some of the returning birds enjoy my feeders......checking out my plants and herbs to see how soon it would be before they begin to grow once again......enjoying the early flowers....the azaleas.....everything that happens outside??????????????? I DON'T have the time to do this this spring.......and I MISS it!!!

This morning...I had to hurry to the local propane gas company to get TheHowserHouse tanks refilled before the guy who refills them left for some truck runs......then it was a quick trip to WalMart SuperCenter to pick up a few necessary items....and the hurry back home as there were some phone calls to be made....and received. THEN.......OMG....I had my ear to the phone for TWO AND ONE-HALF HOURS trying to get some tech support for my "dead" router.....a "D-Link" brand. Now....this WAS a freebee last fall when the 1st Lady purchased her own lappie, but it has worked beautifully since September.....until this past weekend and it just quit doing the job it was meant to do. Sooooo, there I sat, my ear getting hotter and hotter......and my blood pressure rising along with my own temperature as I became more frustrated and angry.....and angrier......and then boiling mad, as I went through 4...repeat: FOUR....so-called techies as they told me what to do to remedy the situation....and EACH one said the same damn thing and told me to do the same damn thing, EXCEPT each of the four had different HEAVY accents!!!!!

Now don't get me wrong......I have traveled the world toooooo much to get upset with accents....in fact, sometimes they are a real turn-on(hahaha)......but when you are attempting to understand instructions and it takes twice as long because you have to ask them to repeat the instructions SLOWLY, well.......enough said. Soooo, finally I kept asking and INSISTING to talk to their supervisor (all four were asked).....I finally got through to some guy on a "higher level". And........after much discussion.......and by this time, much cussion without the "dis", I finally got that damned little grey box to respond and am now wireless once again. WHEW......I was exhausted by the time the problem was solved/resolved!!!!!!!!

Then.....I hurried outside and began to rake up the remaining deadwood of the Buford Heights National Forest which had somehow found its way into my yard.....via the high and destructive winds of the past two weeks. After the raking was completed.....for now, anyway......I then proceeded to finish mowing the lawn. There is still a rather large trail of piled up dirt/mud from having my yard raped by the backhoe when the new pipes were laid for the new bathroom......it has sunk back down some, but will now require some muscle power to chop up the clods and spread it out, and then sow some seed (must be done quickly before the temps reach 100 degrees with the global warming).

A quick supper was had.......don't ask what......and then I was off to the little village of Marble Hill, about 37 miles southeast of here......to attend the Bollinger County Democrat Club meeting. It was great to see sooo many people there and to see soooo many of the supporters which I had from two years ago when I was the candidate for the Missouri Legislature (2004)!!!

Soooo, back to the title: I need to RETIRE!!!!! The past 10 weeks have been very hectic, frustrating, argumentative, upsetting, and yet....satisfying as the new rooms begin to look liveable!!!! (Not to mention about twice the cost of what we had budgeted!!!!!!!!!!!) A bit of R&R is much needed......to remind me of what retirement WAS like prior to this remodeling project!!!!!! Hmmmmmm.......

And......with retirement in mind, I will remind you (and ME).......

Life IS Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: