Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hmmmm......back to the reality of being in the stick and brick!!

Awakening with the 1st Lady's alarm clock at 6am this morning, I quickly realized that I was no longer in TheHowserHouse on wheels, hooked by the umbilical cords to the energy and water sources, and enjoying the Life of leisure. Woe is me......I was not in Tennessee(as I was yesterday morning). There was necessary work to be done so I once again defied the pulling of gravity and raised my aging hulk out of the bed and headed to the kitchen to grind some Fr. Roast coffee beans. Before long the aroma of fresh steaming coffee was drifting throughout the house. Ummmmm.......

After several cups of coffee, I was ready to get to some of the items on the list I had made last night. Some paperwork needed to be done on some financial matters, I needed to find a portable charger for my cell phone which unexpectedly died while I was on the trip to Memphis, and I needed to get some letters and cards mailed this morning. My mother's BD card was one of those.......she will be 93 on Thursday.

Then this afternoon.......well, it was time to get the lawn mowed. It had been two weeks and much rain had fallen with very warm temps, sooooo.....yep you guessed it!!! The grass was VERY high and the mowing project took me several hours to complete. Before I was finished the 1st Lady arrived home from school....changed into her gym clothes and headed over for her workout.....and was home again before I had finished the project. While mowing.....the temps dropped....and dropped....and must have been into the upper 40's before I put the mower away. My shorts were not the correct attire by that time......my skinny chicken legs were feeling like they had been frost bitten.

Tonight......sandwiches and a glass of dark red medicine. AND.......American Idol, well without a doubt Chris Dougherty(sp?) was the most outstanding.....AGAIN!!!! He had staged it well and his accompaniment on the guitars was super!!! A GREAT PERFORMANCE!!!

So......another day in TheHowserHouse kept me busy with domestic duties. Tomorrow??? Let's see what the day brings..........and as always....

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: