Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Never fear.....Howser's still here!!!

Oh yeah.......don't get upset....for some reason last night I was just tooooo damned tired to use my fingers to report on the day at TheHowserHouse. The reason???? I spent literally ALL day yesterday washing the RV and then cleaning the inside, then washing ALL the windows inside and out, and more and more and more!!!!! By the time the sun set, I was almost too tired to come inside the house!!!! Up and down, up and down the ladder I climbed, at times stretching as far as I could reach......at other times I climbed up on top of the RV....which is 13 feet at the hightest point......climbed up there so I could reach the top edges of the RV to get rid of the winter grudge that had accumulated there.

The inside was not overly dirty, but quite a bit of dust and a few little cobwebs in the corners, so I brought out the electric dirt sucker.....and then I scrubbed the floors which aren't carpeted. All in all.....a labor of Love!!!! Can't wait to get going down the highway!!!!!

Guess it is the "freedom" of the road that calls me........plus the incredible people that you get to meet along the way......and in the campgrounds. Yes.......some of the most wonderful people on this planet can be found traveling down the highways with RV's!!!! Soooo many people think that the rv people are retired senior citizens......but how WRONG those ideas are!!! LOTS and LOTS of families........it is such an inexpensive way of seeing our country......seeing Mexico.....and also Canada!!

Sooooo, after crawling in bed and feeling the aches all night, we got up this morning rather early. Headed up to STL to check out a few things....such as kitchen cabinets, birthday gifts for two of the granddaughters whose BIG days are next week, and then begin to make a decision on a new gas range for the kitchen(??). Not sure about this, but giving it some thought. You know........one things ALWAYS leads to another when remodeling the house. I told our contractor that I was going to construct a fence at the end of the living room........that he could NOT go any farther with remodeling......hahaha!!!

Returned this evening and immediately began washing the truck for the trip to Memphis on Thursday. WOW.....was it ever dirty!!!!!! Much more so than I had realized.......or perhaps I just hadn't given it my attention!!!????

Caught the TIVO recording of American Idol after I finished the truck. WOW......WOW.....WOW......what wonderful performances tonight. Kelli P. was my least favorite.......think it is time for her to go!!! If you didn't see tonight's show, you really missed some near perfect performances!!!!!!

Under a tornado watch here this evening.......so, I am staying up a bit later than usual......sure as hell can't hear the siren up here on Buford Heights and I don't want to be blown away.....laying in my bed!! This new sofa is GREAT for lounging and typing and keeping an eye ( or two ) on the "floating plasma tv". A very, very comfortable room!!!!

Sooooo, enough verbage for this evening.......guess I'm making up for not posting last night.??? Soooo,.....

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: