Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A continuation of yesterday's post....and today's(Tuesday)

Hmmmmm......what the hell is wrong with me????? Do I have an "excuse" for not finishing my blog yesterday???? Not REALLY......however, I was soooooo breathless after watching "24" last night that I just didn't get around to writing and finishing the post for yesterday. WHAT an episode!!!!!!! Those of you who do not watch that show are missing such a well edited show as well as a great story line!!!!! WOW!!!

Anyway.....yesterday afternoon I put the first coat of primer on the walls of the family/tv room.....couldn't get to the ceiling as there was toooo much stuff in the center of the room: tons of painted baseboards, window moldings, etc., etc. .......so I will have to get that today....hopefully!!! Need to get to painting the rest of the rooms now.......not my cup of tea!!! The 1st Lady loves to paint, but it is not something I enjoy. She loves the detailing it takes, where when it comes to painting, I am NOT a detail person. Give me some music and each note will be performed perfectly, but PAINT????? Nope.....sorry....I am rather sloppy.

Managed to get a large salad with quick fried chicken strips fixed for last night. Had to keep moving crap around on the counters to find room to chop, peel, cut, etc. salad veggies, but got it done. A glass of dark red medicine washed down the great salad which had a balsamic vinegar dressing on it to bring it all together. Not toooo bad. We think it will be salads this week and perhaps longer as we need to get a few winter pounds shed as we begin to shed the heavier clothing which has worked just perfectly hiding those extra pounds during the cold(??) winter(??) hibernation period. (The ?? marks are there because here in Missouri we have had VERY little REAL winter this season!!!!!!!)

Now.....it is off to check on some other floor tiles.......

I WILL finish tonight after "THE AMAZING RACE"......can't wait!!! CRAP.....I really think I am hooked on the damn tellie and what it offers this season......never ever been this way for me. (not age....surely).

Later....lataer.....later......

AND NOW:......LATER IT IS!!

This afternoon I spent some time paintin/priming the bedroom. Got that finished today for the first coat. Tomorrow I plan to get the ceilings....and time permitting I'll repaint one of the rooms.

This evening after a quick dinner of broasted chicken with lemon-pepper and steamed broccoli and cauliflower accompanied by a glass of my dark red medicine, I changed into some better clothes. Then it was off to the high school to attend the All-School Choral Concert.......the 21st such performance which is held each year in March. March is the "Music in Our Schools" week.....and since I spent 13 years in this school and 17 years in two other school districts....and currently serve on the school's Board of Education.......I am 110% behind this celebration of music in the schools!!!!!!! As of now.....I have 38 former students who are making a career in the music field......performers, music educators, music therapy, musical theater, music business. The opportunities are available ..........it just takes lots of talent, perserverance, dedication, and goals to reach for something BIG!!

Sooooo, who will be eliminated on "American Idol"???? The girls just get better each week......so, who will America select tonight????

And.....the "Amazing Race".........still another week in Brazil, but......it was a race to the evening's finish. Soooo much just plain old luck is involved in this competition........dead batteries not being "luck"!! But.....the pair that were eliminated tonight probably deserved to go. They never looked like they knew how to "move".....to hurry from one place to another. Oh well.......

Sooooo, time to haul my sagging rear off to the guest bedroom (even tho I'm NOT a guest in this house) and get some rest. Rain is predicted for tomorrow......and not just rain, but storms, wind, and hail. AHHHHH, spring has arrived with weather like that!!!! But........

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: