Thursday, March 23, 2006

An exhausting day..........

Woke up with a god-awful headache.....not certain of the cause, but there it was .......a horrific little man pounding his hammer inside my head....attempting to get out, I guess. Immediately down some OTC pain killers and put the coffee on. Slowly......OH SOOOO SLOWLY....I took a shower and let the hot, steaming water work on my head, my neck, and shoulders......trying to ease the tension and pain. Which came first???? Tension???? Pain??? Not certain, but they were both playing with each other in some odd and very expressive duet.

I had a very busy morning scheduled......and it was one of those schedules that cannot, under any terms, be delayed or postponed. I had to appear in court........to testify in a legal battle I have been waging for several years. The entire event took about 2.5 hours.....and, needless to say, did not help with the little man in my head. But.....that event is now over (for now).

Then the 1st Lady and I stopped at another cabinet maker and discussed our wishes, our desires, and our budget with them. The initial cost was not tooooo bad, but with the modifications we made.....well, who the hell knows how much the bid will be????!!!!!

Then it was off to Lowe's to look for grout. Well, that damn place has NO grout samples....the chalkstick kind.....all they have is a damn brouchure. Well, who the hell can tell anything about the actual color from a slick paged brouchure?????? And certainly, not in the flourescent light of Lowe's!!!! Soooo, on to other places ............later.

We headed for F'town and finally realized I had NOT eaten a bite all day.....and it was 2pm!!! So, I quickly grilled myself a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches on my favorite Pre-Tuscan Boule bread with a couple of small, think pats of real butter on the outside of the bread (the grilled sides), and a dab of Ranch dressing on the inside with the melted cheese. Wow....do I love this flavor of the four ingredients incorporated together!!!

Then I began to put a few clothes in the bag, packed the lappie with all the necessary cables and chords, and headed to the Lake of the Ozarks area to visit my Mother for a couple of days. Well........to make the headache worse.......I wound up following the slowest damn drivers in the state. Of course, going across the state requires heading thru the hills, the valleys, and the forests.....all where there are NO four lane highways. Sooooo, I crept along behind these OLD senior citizens who are afraid to drive over 39 mph. I pledged to myself that when I get to be OLD like they are, I would not creep down the damn highway!!!!!!!!! They were all probably in their mid-60's.......Hmmmmmm.......and my age????? HA!

Soooo, here I am using my cell phone for internet connection......and realizing just how slow the cell phone is for getting into cyberspace. But.....it works when there is nothing else!!!

Sooooo, after this day.........one would think I wouldn't be able to say it, but.....AHA...you are wrong, because as usual......

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!! (without the damned pounding in your head)

No comments: