Thursday, March 09, 2006

RAIN....RAIN....and a do-nothing day

Oh my God.....but have we had rain!!!!! ALL night....and most of today. The creeks are overflowing, flash flood warnings all around us, with storms rolling through containing the streaked flashes, thunder, and winds. Not that we didn't need the moisture in the ground, BUT.....not all at one time! Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit better, however, the storms return for the weekend.

Sooooo, what about this old man???? Well, I HAD planned to paint all day........at least this morning. But.....I couldn't open the windows for FRESH air from the paint fumes, soooooo I didn't want to wind up with the throbbing paint pains in the head, sooooo I had a do-nothing day.

Well.....all except I did have a meeting this afternoon. There is a visiting team from various schools in the area to ascertain how one of the new programs the local school has implemented this year.....to check on how it is doing. Soooo, as part of the requirements, the team had to interview school employees, parents in the community, and school board members. Soooo, being retired as I am (???), I was selected along with one other member, to be the recipient of the questions they would throw at us. It was actually nothing.......just a few questions as to how we thought things were progressing with the new program....etc, etc., etc. Just meant I had to put a tie around my neck.....and TRY to remember how to tie it....hahaha!!!! I look at my remaining wardrobe......after having donated TONS of clothes to the local Thrift Shop of the Nutrition Center.....and was amazed at the number of ties I STILL have!!!! Damn.....what was I thinking???? Soooo, when I begin to move back into the remodeled bedroom.....well, more clothes will be donated!!!!!!!!!

This afternoon after returning home......I just rather laid around, watched the Food Channel, and got hungry!!!!! HAHAHA....that is what that tv channel does for me.....I just want to start preparing some of those marvelous dishes and recipes. I miss trying some of them.....!!!

The 1st Lady.....well, this is her week from Hell!!!! Tonight she had to go to St. Geneveive(sp?) for an Academic Team competition. Tomorrow she leaves at some ungodly hour.....5+AM...for St Louis for another competition for Science and Math students and will return late. THEN on Saturday she leaves about the same time for another school in the Bootheel(whoops...had Freudian slip...typed Boothell.....probably the truth). Anyway...she has a Science Olympiad competition there. WHAT a week for her.......I just don't say toooo much....she is a bit nerved out, so I have found it is just better to keep my mouth shut!!!!

Even though I have been a bit erratic lately with my posts here, I do see that my faithful readers from the various communities around the world....LITERALLY.....are still with me and checking in to read my ramblin thoughts about my Life. Isn't it strange how we get hooked on the lives of other people......some of which we don't even know?????? I know I read certain blogs......and look forward to reading them each day. One which I check each day, but is only written..oh, perhaps once a week or more.....is written by my former asst. band director. His writings are becoming more philosophical, leaning toward a religious (Christian) viewpoint. I always enjoy reading this thoughts.....and his deep, perceptive points of view!!! His discussion today of questioning "why" was interesting........made me realize that I need to question him "why?" about some things about his Life......hahaha!!! (I know he will read this).

To my good friends in Thailand: when are you returning to Missouri????? To my other friends here in the states....I am leaning more towards taking an adult group to Europe next summer ('07). Let me know if you are interested!! Will be gone for no less that 2 weeks......so plan ahead.

Ahhhh, the windows seem to be rattling.....more wind has decided to whip around on the hill here on Buford Heights. The 1st Lady just arrived and they won AGAIN. She has a great H.S. Academic group........pretty damn intelligent. This is a very good way to end a career in education!!!!

And so.......

Life IS Great!!!! .....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: