Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Still among the living.......??? ......perhaps

UGH.......felt sooo bad this morning that I had to call and cancel an appointment I had in STL this afternoon. I had been asked to clinic a high school band for 90 minutes this afternoon by a former student who now teaches band in STL. His band is preparing for their district/state performance in a concert setting and he wanted me to work with them.......to help put the final touches on their upcoming performance. BUT.....I could barely speak this morning and my face was puffy....and worse than that, all of my upper teeth were hurting form the pressure from my swollen sinuses!! I felt, and still do feel, really bad about this, but just didn't think I would have been of any assistance to him the way I was felt. They will be in a competition at Worlds of Fun later this spring, so I will go up to STL and work with the kids before they go over to Kansas City.

Stayed with my head in the hot water of the shower for a LONG time this morning when I finally did get out of bed. It did seem to get things flowing and by this afternoon I was feeling a bit better. Had to run out to the SuperCenter, no matter how I felt, and get a few over the counter meds. '

Then just rather laid around the house and out on the patio today. The weater was incredible.....74 degrees here this afternoon....WOW!!!!! And it is still February. .........global warming??? I really think soo!

Tonight we had a former student of the class of '90 come by to give me a price/bid on the bathroom vanity. I gave him a deposit and told him to get it done!!!! Must get a top for it......granite/solid surface/whatever looks good for the $$.

Then.....a full evening of great tv: American Idol.....AND.....The Amazing Race!!!!!!!!!! Love them both!!!! The girls on Idol.....well, I think they are the best overall group of girls they have had in all of the seasons of the show.

Sooooo, it is time for the meds.....and not the dark red kind.......but something to hopefully allow me to sleep ALL night. Feeling better than last night......however, it will be great to get back to 100% again......ASAP!!!! I have toooooo much to finish up on the things that I need to do for Stage 1 of the remodeling project. But.....today did turn out to be better than yesterday.....even if the morning was the craps!!!! And soooooo..

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: