Wednesday, February 01, 2006

WHERE IS THE DOOR????

OMG......this is THEEEEEE worst that I have experienced in our house......DUST!!!!!!!!! ALL of the insulation for the tv room came out and down today.....onto the floor....and the resulting dust managed to circulate throughout the entire house during the day. The hardwood floors turned ash gray with dust/silt....and so did all of the flat services in each and every room, even though I DID close the doors. I began to have watery eyes, stuffy nose, etc., etc.......and I was needed here to answer questions so that the crew could continue on their task without having to find me to answer questions as to how I would like something to be handled.

Needless to say.......our house is NOT dust free this evening!!!! I didn't even attempt to do anything about it as I'm certain there will be more tomorrow. All of the openings between the "save" part of the house and the part being remodeled were covered in plastic sheeting.....BUT.....sealed tight it wasn't! And.....we had the heating/cooling people here to put in more duct work in the attic that will reach into the new bath and closet. The electrical guy was here and began the task of rewiring and changing the location of the wiring that had been in the bedroom.....a large junction box. Soooo, no electricity for several hours this afternoon....and it will be the same tomorrow as he hopes to finish that task.

I ordered a 5' walk-in shower this morning and it will be here on Friday. NOW.....to continue the task of searching for a vanity/sink. I am not satisfied with what I am finding in the area.....they are all the SAME....no style, nothing modern.......just average looking squares/rectangles of wood and a sink. UGH!! Been looking for a long time......and nothing.....WELL, nothing that I can pay for without taking out a special loan!

Anyone out there in cyberspace who has a surround sound system that they realllllly like???? AND...that you didn't have to rob a bank to purchase it?? I need to get one so that the wiring will be behind the drywall when it goes up.......SOON. I would love to have a BOSE, however I don't own a pistol to take to the bank with me! Thoughts????

Hmmmm.....does it seem to you like I am totally focused on this project???? I am beginning to feel like it is consuming ALL of me, and my time. And we haven't yet started on the kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM going to run out of time to get all of these decisions made. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not certain.....not at all.....that our marriage could survive building a completely new house!!!!!! It is tough enough right now with just 1/2 of the house involved in this remodeling project(s).

Well.....it is about time for me to shed this layer of gray silt that enveloped this sagging hulk of me today....and I feel certain that it will be necessary to call for the plumber tonight as it will all probably plug up the shower drain.....might even turn to cement!!!! And an extra call to the plumber in the middle of the night is not part of the remodeling contract!!!! DAMN.....perhaps I shouldn't take a shower???

I will attempt to get some more pics tomorrow to show all of you out there in cyberspace. I need to do some more researching on some things right now, so I will bring this daily report to a finish....and, even though I am gray as a ghost,.......

Life is GREAT(and gray).......and I hope it is for you, also(GREAT that is)!

1 comment:

Larry and Cindy said...

We are putting surround sound and whole house audio in our new house and it is costing me 3500.00. I about crapped when I found how much they want for this stuff. We are getting it from a business who sells ADT protection, they do the wiring and installes all the equipment and speakers before the insulation and sheet rock goes up.

I really feel sorry for you and your mess, but with us selling our house we are going to be in a big mess too. Make sure you keep the dust and dirt out of your laptop, it can crash a harddrive in nothing flat.

Larry