Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A hectic day......

Edged myself over the mattress side and rolled onto my evolving feet(seems a certain bone is beginning to evolve and protrude to the side) .....at about 7AM. A few minutes of putting myself together and counting to see if I still had 69 hairs on my head and then oh-so-carefully laid them in their places on the top of my head.....trying to keep the above lights from glaring so strongly on the bald spots which then temporarily blinded me. After that perfected procedure....I had a cup of STRONG Fr. Roast coffee steaming in my spotted hand (age spots). Ahhhhhh, the aroma of the robust coffee..........what a great way to get the day going the right way (I hope).

By 9:30 I was on my way north to Farmington. Picked up a couple of B-day cards at the Hallmark shop there, and then mailed one to Michael....his BD is this Thursday...tomorrow. After that, well......once again I went searching for suitable carpets...price and color being the determining factors. Think I may have located one....THAT will depend on the 1st Lady when she gets a chance to see it.

Then it was back to F'Town.....and by 12:30 the doorbell was ringing. It was one of the cabinetmakers.....and he was at TheHowserHouse for over two hours.....figuring and TALKING. Yep.....he loves to talk....about his craft, his life, and the materials and styles he builds. While he was here, the hardwood floor guy arrived and I had to work with him on the projects we want done.....and while he was here, the mud and tape guy for the new dry wall arrived and he needed some questions answered. WHEW........all three here at the same time and all needing my personal attention!!!

Then when all were gone....except the wall guy......and it was time for my student's to arrive for the next 2.5 hours for their lessons. No sooner were they all finished then it was time to prepare some food for dinner.....nothing fancy....just some baked potatoes and chicken breasts.

By the time I had finished my dark red medicine........the Olympics came on the tellie, BUT......more to be done. I got on the phone to make our flight reservations for Phoenix so we could use our two $335 vouchers before they expired next month. Soooo, we are going to fly out on the 16th of March...Thursday....and fly back on the 20th...Monday. Just a short long weekend trip..... We will be visiting our friends, John and Gayle whom I visited last winter for a week. I've been going out there for the past two years for some winter warmth and desert sun to thaw out my aging bone structure.

Sooooo, a busy day.....not much "down time" for this aging retired band director. Seems impossible that I have been retired only three months less than five years........guess the time really flies when I am having a blast!!!! And since I continue to enjoy my "rebirth"/retirement............

Life is GREAT.......and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: