Monday, February 06, 2006

WOW.....this was a very busy day!!!

After coffee....it was a bit of consulting and discussing with the contractor. Then an informational stop at a local seller of BBQ ribs to get some quotes for the 1st Lady's sorority dinner party. Another quick stop for coffee at Dave and Sue Hanner's and a brief summary of their time in Florida on their insurance adjusting career. A quick stop at the high school to consult with the 1st Lady during her lunch break......picked up David and off we went to Farmington to various building supply places. As usual it took longer than I wanted to spend, but so be it.

During the morning our shower was delivered and is sitting in the driveway right now. Guess what!!! It can't go through the front door...too wide for the doorway......, and we finally decided that we would have to remove the large stationary window in the patio room to get it inside the house. Soooo, that task is to be done tomorrow......

After returning from Farmington in the middle of the afternoon, more measuring was done and now a decision needs to be made whether to have a 30" vanity or a 48" vanity. Well......the cabinet maker who was here Sat. morning is designing a 36" vanity, soooooo all of that will have to be changed if a 48" is selected!!!! Woe is me!!!

Several items need to be picked up tonight, so when the 1st Lady came in from school, we did some measuring and looking at the wall-less bathroom and headed back to Farmington. Went to Lowe's and we were there for a couple of hours.....and, of course, didn't find JUST what we wanted or needed, but did some substituting and after a quick hamburger stop, we were home by 9:30pm....UGH.

Much discussion and cussion were on the agenda after returning home........can't seem to agree or find a compromise on a couple of room issues......UGH!! What happened to my retirement???????????????? Tomorrow it is off to Cape Girardeau to check out a few other items on prices.....1/4" frameless glass shower doors that I WANT on a brushed nickel track are giving me fits with the price....and I keep checking different sources to find a lower price. This damned shower is costing me a fortune......or should I say the entire bathroom is costing me more than I wanted to pay.......my high price taste is giving me indigestion with the $$ signs!!!!!!!! Why am I so %*&#(# picky??????????????????

Alas....tomorrow is another day......and I hope it will be somewhat smoother than today, although.......

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!
Success comes in Can's.....Failure comes in Can'ts!! (need to remember that tomorrow!!)

No comments: