Thursday, February 02, 2006

Earthquake epicenter at TheHowserHouse

Oh yeah......our stick/brick HowserHouse was shaking like it was at the epicenter of a BIG earthquake today as the jack hammer began busting up the concrete floor where the bathroom plumbing will have to be submerged into the ground under the foundation. And......everything shook......and shook .....and shook. Not only was everything in the house shaking with all that "rockin and rollin" going on, but the noise decibels were off the scale!!!! Sooooo, even with the door to the den closed and the tv on....I decided it was time to evacuate and head for more peaceful surroundings.....the local Madison County Coffee Company located in the city center of Fredericktown.

I had pulled my sagging body out of bed at 6:45AM....showered and got the Fr. Roast coffee ground and into the coffee maker. Before long our contractor arrived and, as it was raining, he decided to go dump the trailer of yesterday's demolition trash. It wasn't long before the rest of the crew arrived and began preparing for the jack hammer. And the rest of the morning went as described above......

I had an appt at the local Ford dealer at 1pm to get some rubber molding around the window replaced and to also have the truck inspected so I could get my license plates renewed (a month late...hmmm). By the time I returned to our home on the hill the earthquake was over with no damage to our belongings and no injuries from the shaking.

It wasn't long before the 1st Lady arrived home from school and off we went to Farmington to check out vanities, sinks, lights, glass shower doors, faucets, etc., etc. Could we find exactly what we would like to have......well.....what the hell do you think??? Of course NOT!!! At least nothing that the two of us could agree on.....or even compromise with. Hmmmmm......time is going by and no decisions have been made.......the clock and the calendar are moving onward at a faster and faster pace. What to do.....what to do!!!!

Dinner was at Applebee's....hmmmm, is that the correct spelling??? Doesn't look just right.....oh well...I can claim an age related spelling disability........can't I????

Heading to STL tomorrow......got to go SOMEWHERE that has choices for the items we need!!!!!! Sorry....all of you small towns around this area.........there HAS to be something different out there that I can choose from.

Soooo, the evening is quickly evolving into the bewitching hour, so I had better hide my head as I take cover in my bed. Even with all of these decisions to be made........

Life IS Great.....and I hope for all of you, also!

No comments: