Wednesday, February 15, 2006

On the road......again!

We had to get up earlier this morning as our contractor planned to arrive no later than 7AM today. He had some items to complete before the drywall crew arrived at 7:45, so the day was off to an early start!!

The drywall crew began work shortly after they arrived here.......and they finished putting the drywall in place by this evening. There was dust drifting and covering everything.....and they haven't even begun the taping, mudding, and sanding. I really am beginning to think I should get a mask to filter out this crap that is in the air.

At mid-morning I picked up the Mrs. from the Hanner home as she had said she wanted to accompany me down to Marble Hill. I was going there to check out a granite company that makes counter tops.....as well as cemetary monuments. Thought I might get one of those while I was there, also. Might not make it thru all of this remodeling crap.....hahhaa!!

Anyway.....it was quite a place with probably over a 100 huge slabs of different kinds of granite from all over the world!!! Seems that their business has exploded in the past few years and they are "carving" countertops for all over the state........and we were very impressed with their workmanship, the quality of the granite slabs, and the finished products. They gave us quite a tour.......a very educational trip!!!! I felt like I was one of those people on HGTV programs who shop for granite slabs!!! As soon as we finalize plans for the kitchen cabinets then I will begin to think more seriously about the tops.

Returned to F'town, swept the floor, dusted and dusted and dusted and then uncovered the grand piano for my lessons this evening. The evening flew by......watched a boring episode of American Idol and then continued some research on the net for some items.

Tomorrow.......back to Farmington again for some things. Another cabinet maker will be here to work on another bid the the kitchen for us. Soooo, the work continues......the dust still flies......and our house is still in disarray...totally!!!! The end is NOT in sight......but perhaps I am adjusting to existing in just a few overfilled rooms!!?? Hmmmmm....... And so....

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: