Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Return to the HowserDustBowl

Well, after arising this morning.....fixing my French Roast mug of coffee, and getting my feet cleaned of white dust particles I began to catch up with the "home work". DUST.....DUST......DUST.....and it continues to settle everywhere you can think of....and some places you wouldn't think of! HEHEEEE. A couple of hot mugs of coffee and I was beginning to wake up and realize that there were many things that needed my attention today.

After a morning of relative quiet......the guy who has taped the drywalled rooms couldn't be here today......so I the quiet dust bowl to myself. A thought entered my head last night as I was driving back down here.....and that thought continued to expand and become enhanced as I had the time this morning to allow my mind to think and create. How fun would it be to take an adult group to Europe......my former students and spouses, former educators, and family and friends????????? Now THAT sounds like a trip with LOTS of laughs and fun!!!!! If we could get enough participation, we could have our own chartered coach without having others on the tour that are strangers. WOW.........the idea is still rambling in my head and I am beginning to salivate just thinking about all of this. There is NOTHING like a tour of parts of Europe with a great group of people!!!!!

Soooo, that's where my thoughts have been today. This afternoon I had several errands to run around town.......and then I returned home. I got some more carpet samples from a fellow here in town who has a carpet/tile business........I am looking for a medium gray carpet.

Then I began fixing a great little salad with garlic shrimp for dinner. I thawed out some shrimp, removed the tails, and then cut up a myriad of veggies for the salad, to be added to the lettuce and baby spinach when time to serve. When the 1st Lady returned from school, I sauteed the shrimp in olive oil and fresh garlic, prepared the lettuce/spinach and then added the veggies and balsamic vinegar. I topped the salad with the hot garlic shrimp......sliced up some Tuscan boule (bread), and poured my dark red medicine....and dinner was served. Guess where???? Yep.......into the over stuffed den we went and finding a small cramped place to sit on the sofa, we literally plated our laps and enjoyed the meal. Our dining table is laden with decor items....in fact, we can barely see the table.....haha.

This evening I arranged for the hardwood floor installer to come by tomorrow afternoon, another cabinetmaker to stop by, and still another cabinetmaker for next Monday afternoon. Bids.....Bids.....Bids. And then........it was American Idol for two hours. WOW.....a few INCREDIBLE girls on this season's competition!!!!!!!!

Sooooo, as I watch my Tivo'd Olympics, I will finish this for this evening....and put my sagging hulk to bed before midnight!!! No matter how much DUST......

Life is GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: