Thursday, February 16, 2006

WOW.....a rather quiet day!!!! YEAH!!

What a nice change of pace on the homefront!!!! The guy who is to mud and sand will not be here until Monday, so I slept in for a bit longer than usually.....nice. I fixed my morning intake of Fr. Roast coffee and after a couple of hot steaming cups, I went out to the Hanner home to take a granite sample that the Mrs. had left in my truck yesterday after our trip to Marble Hill. Of course......more coffee was awaiting my arrival and so I visited for awhile.....and we continued the game of playing catch-up on each other's lives since they have been gone since last summer.

Leaving there, I went out to the cabinet maker that had given me such a high bid for the kitchen cabinets. I told him that his bid was out of my budget, but thanked him for his troubles. Then a quick trip back into town and a brief stop at the SuperCenter for some necessaries.

Then it was back home and a nice afternoon of napping, reading, and a bit of net surfing. The 1st Lady had to remain at school until almost 8pm tonight. She was the hostess of an Academic Team competition with several other high schools there competing. The late afternoon was interrupted by a series of tornado warnings for our area as the 70 degree weather began to change as a strong cold front headed our way. By tomorrow night it will be down into the teens with flurries of snow drifting down.

I had called another cabinet maker......a former band student.....and he came by to check out our kitchen plans. I gave him the info on how I wanted them to look.....style of the front of the doors.....color of stain, etc., etc. It was good to see him and to visit abit about his family, his children, and his life over the last few years. Soooo, hopefully he will get back to me soon.....and that he can fulfill my desires on our cabs without breaking my bank account!

Tonight, the weather has dropped down into the low 30's with a howling north wind rattling a couple of windows in the house. Brrrrrrrrr........ Winter has returned....UGH!

I may not be able to post for the next few days as we are heading to the 1st Lady's home.....a visit with her mother is needed since we have not been there since the Holidays. The cell phone service is spotty at best and don't think there are any other neighbors with Wifi close by. Perhaps things will have changed......???

I neglected to get any pics of the drywall in the new rooms......just simply forgot today. I'll get some in the morning and post them. We plan to head to STL to look at some furniture stores.........will we find what we want??? I doubt it.......the stars and planets are in the right configuration for any luck for us this week!

Sooooooo........as usual....

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: