Saturday, February 04, 2006

A relaxing day....YEAH!!

A cold morning, but the sun was spreading the warmth once it finally got over the trees and smiled upon TheHowserHouse. The 1st Lady was up and out of the house by 6:45AM this morning to take her Academic Team to a competiton.....she returned around 4pm.

Me??? I had a very laid back morning, having my freshly ground French Roast coffee while I read the newspapers online. TheHowserHouse was very, very quiet this morning with the construction crew having the weekend to themselves.....which allowed me to have the morning to MYself.

I did have an appointment at 11AM with a local cabinet maker. He arrived at the front door right on the minute.....imagine that! I had this young man in class way, way back in 88-89 which is when he graduated. He joined his father in his cabinet making business and has been very successful with it. We discussed possible kitchen arrangements and what I wanted in cabinets.....style, stains, pulls, inside lighting, some glass doors, under cabinet lighting, new pantry, etc., etc. He measure everything carefully and then said he would be ready with some ideas and designs by the end of the week.

Then I asked him about making me a vanity!! I had pictures and websites pictures to show him....and he indicated he could do it without toooo long of a time lag. Soooo.....now comes the BIG issue: Prices!!!!! Guess we will begin to get an idea by the end of the week. At least.......he was very helpful in giving me the cabinet fronts that I want.......which was not the feeling I received from Lowe's which only has stock cabinets available.

I napped during the afternoon.....no jack hammer or other noisy construction noises happening today!! I then began to research online some custom made sectional sofas, fabrics available, shipping costs, etc., etc. Just an idea......but one never knows until they check it all out!

The evening was relaxing with our eyes on the tv or the lappie screen(s). We were each working on our on lappies......LOVE IT.....not having to share the computer!! It is the ONLY way to have it.

Sooooo......not much happening.....GREAT!!! And so, as always....

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: