Monday, November 14, 2005

WORK....before the rains arrived!!

Yeah......up and at um this morning!!! After a QUICK cup of coffee, I opened up the basement of TheHowserHouse and took out the long ladder. Then......took out the anode rod in the hot water heater, and all of the water flew out in my face.....hahaha!!!! NOT hot,.....errr, the water in the heater!! Then I bypassed the hot water heater's fresh water intake, and putting the small, attached hose on the water pump into the antifreeze....non-toxic.....I pumped/sucked in two gallons of the pink stuff. Still not enough tho.....as it wouldn't pump upto the kitchen faucet, sooooo tomorrow it is off to WallyWorld for some more. Then I will be ready for the "hard freeze" that is expected Wednesday.

With the long ladder, I climbed up onto the roof.....and sitting on my fat --- (rear), I worked myself around the entire 454 feet of guttering on the roof......pulling out the leaves and gunk. Then I swept off one of the roof valleys where leaves always collect and then the next thing I know, the water is collecting and running up and under the shingles, and then into the house!!! Soooo, got it all cleaned out.

Then.....fired up the mower and crunched and mulched up some areas of heavy fallen leaves.....and finished JUST before the rains began.......HARD rain!!!!! Thank goodness!!!!

Then a quick trip to the Post Office.....and then back to the house and some research on the internet. Looking for a "cheap trip" to southern California over the Holidays. Don't think there is anything that is cheap enough....but will keep looking. We have some vouchers for Northwest Airlines....and found one trip where it would cost only $70 more than our vouchers roundtrip......sooo, will think about it tonight.

Sooooo.....watched an excellent tellie show tonight: MEDIUM!!!! It was soooooo good. The couple are soooo natural and their lives are sooooo normal......love this show!!

Severe storms are roaring around.....with possibility of tornadoes!!! UGH!!!!!!!! Another night of storms.....and tomorrow, also. Oh well.........

Sooooo.....Life is GOOD.....and I hope for all of you, also!!

No comments: