Sunday, November 27, 2005

Gloomy, stormy, tornado warnings and watches..

THIS is NOVEMBER....the end of the Thanksgiving weekend......and here we are still having tornados dropping down around us(a few miles west of us), high winds, warm muggy weather, and thunder/rain/lightning!!!! This has got to come to a closure.....soon! NOT that I want the cold, frigid snows and ice storms...but it is time to do away with all of these "spring" storms. GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!!! Yep......I'm a firm believer in this.....I guess change is never easy to accept.......

Today....a quick run to the early service at the local Methodist Church. A new minister last week......still has the humor after a week of being here, however......I am beginning to feel like the early morning "praise" service is evolving into more of a traditional service. I'M NOT BEING CRITICAL.......just honest.

Picked up the STL Post-Dispatch....have to get the local tv guide out of the paper.......and then I decided as warm as it was that it was time to put a coat of primer on the remaining part of the interior of the garage that is now completely repaired. Sooooo, after a couple of hours of rolling paint above my head and down the walls, I got the primer on..........and on me, also! But.....now just a couple of coats of paint and we can begin to put things back in order.......AFTER, I repeat....AFTER I throw away LOTS of stuff that have been stored in the garage for eons of time, and it is just crap that we haven't used for those same eons of time. If we haven't used that crap for a year....then it will disappear VERY SOON!!! The 1st Lady and I will have some confrontations over some of these boxes filled with whatever, but I WILL PREVAIL!!

Dinner was mid-afternoon before Jeremy left. He finally got away around 5pm headed for Evansville, Indiana. He had a campaign event just north of Terre Haute, but decided to not attend another dinner and speech event.

This evening....well, watched a bit of Sunday evening television: Hallmark Hall of Fame was my main show for the evening. It was good, but a bit predictable....especially the last 5-10 minutes of the program. I don't think it was as good as some of their productions.

I had better close.......the winds are getting up, and the lightning is getting closer to the top of our hill!! Time to unplug all the electrical things in the house. We have lost three tvs, four phones, etc., etc. to lightning up here.....and we didn't even have the lightning strike the house or close by. Just is strong enough to knock out all of these various things ....at a big cost to us. Soooo, don't want to lose this little lapwarmer that I am using right now!!

Sooooo.....Life is GOOD, and I hope for all of you, also!!!!!! (Texas Cedar Creek members.....enjoyed your pictures a lot!!!!)

No comments: