Tuesday, November 29, 2005

COLD....WINDY.....normal November in Missouri

NO sun....but cold in the mid-30's, very windy and damp!!! I spent an hour outside this morning......removing ALL the limbs and sticks and twigs from the storm on Sunday evening.....and it took the entire hour just to haul all of them away by the wheelbarrows full!!! Well....at least we have trees still standing after the horrendous winds!

I came inside about mid-morning for another cup of steaming Fr. Roast coffee and suddenly the door opened and the 1st Lady came hurrying inside, looking a bit worse for the wear....and then I realized she was as white as a sheet(a white one). She had left school very ill.....another migraine, the second one within one week. Sooo, off to bed she went, I changed rooms and ends of the house so she could have the needed peace and quiet to let the medications jump in and take affect. By late afternoon/early evening, she had recovered and was deep into lesson preps for the next 2.5 days.....as we go to Nashville tomorrow afternoon.

So, this old man spent some time doing some genealogy research......a life-long hobby of mine. It does take soooo much time because once I get going on a clue.....I don't want to stop. And then.....the 1st Lady gets all over me because of all the paperwork and books and notes scattered all over our study/office. She dislikes clutter....anywhere. Oh well.....

I went ahead and gave my five students their lessons.....she was feeling a bit better by that time, so she told me to go ahead. Then........it was a quick sandwich supper, some planning as to what I am taking for the rest of the week.....clothes AND my very important tech equipment: lappie, extra battery, digital camera and its charger, cell phone and charger and car charger, and cable for cell-to-lappie because I am doubting that we have wifi at the not-so-happy-about hotel the school made reservations for in Nashville close to Opryland area. Oh well.......should have planned to take TheHowserHouse!!!

Then.....watched The Amazing Race!! WOW.....I certainly love this tv program!!!!!!! My only objection this time is they are not traveling around the world and having those marvelous experiences that only international traveling around the world will allow you to have! And.....having traveled in 41 countries I have a bank full of worldly experiences.....I LOVE TRAVELING!

Soooooo, the day ends....ooops!!!! I forgot.....after Doug Shrader of the CCRVOC wrote about eating and our health......I baked a few more peanut butter cookies tonight!!!!! I hope his little article is CORRECT!!!

Life is GREAT......and I hope for all of you, also!!

No comments: