Thursday, November 10, 2005

Arrived in W. Memphis: ABC Campground

Yep.....after a busy morning we drove down here in exactly four hours, with a couple of short stops. This morning.....I attended the F'Town high school ROTC Veteran's Day Breakfast.....a day early, but there is no school on Friday. A nice meal.....and a good program....with about 150 attending the event.

Loaded TheHowserHouse to be ready when the 1st Lady arrived home after school was completed this afternoon. We pulled out of the driveway at 3:50 and arrived at ABC Campground at 7:50pm. Can't tell much about the cg as there are not tooo many lights around the cg. There are LOTS of RV's here......many of them much to my surprise. I have not walked around any since as soon as we were hooked up, we went down the road to find dinner........Cracker Barrel.

My first impression of the cg has not been the best because I called them today, told them we would be running a bit late since they informed me they closed the office at 7pm....and I told "Wanda" that I needed a pull-through site for a 39' 5er with four slides. Well, when I picked up the packet when we got here....it was on the door of the office......and I drove to our site, it was hemmed in by two trees right on the edge of the site where I had to park TheHowserHouse. There was NO WAY I could get my slides out AND have my umbilical cord reach the electric hookup!!!! Sooooo, with no one around, I just took the site next to the one I had been assigned.....hope I don't have move in the middle of the night.....hahaha!!! I won't....there were no more reservation packets on the door.

Anyway......will look this place over in daylight and perhaps my impression will change. For those of you in the CCRVOC, I will get some pics posted tomorrow evening so you can get an idea. The sites seem to be further apart than in Branson.....and MANY more trees here. The cg is on flat ground, also. The office seems to be just that....an office in a small little building.

More to come on ABC!!!!

Life is GOOD........and I hope for all of you, also!!!

No comments: