Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Day of Changing Weather!!

Yeah......that describes this day in my Life. Last night...ALL night....it RAINED(this is in caps because it never stopped raining). It stormed.....the wind blew....and it rained some more. When the light of day slipped through the closed blinds, the day was gray and dreary.....and WET. And....it got wetter during the morning.

Then.....the tornado watches began....along with flash flood warnings in the area around here.......and then the winds began to blow from the south. I don't know what the temps came up to, but it must have been close to 80 degrees outside. I scurried around and finished winterizing TheHowserHouse.......putting in the non-toxic antifreeze in the water lines....and by the time I finished, the wind had changed and was blowing strongly from the north. Tonight the temps are to dip to 29 degrees.....and tomorrow night down to 17 degrees!!!! Wow.....what a ride over these two days.

Chili was on my menu tonight......so I made a large pot of chili to ward off the effects of the cold north wind and the dampness from the rains. It turned out really GREAT.....and GOOD!!!!

Other than the weather.....the day was not one of much interest to anyone.......not even me! Haha. It was just a day to lounge around.....after the winterizing jobs........and do some reading. Kind of nice for a change......!!

Sooooo, Life is Good........and I hope for all of you, also!!

No comments: