Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Hmmmm....what the hell did I do today????

The above title.....well, it pretty well sums up my day. The day just slipped by me......much like the past 62 years have just slipped by me.....UGH!!! Spent this morning, sipping French Roast coffee and reading the newspapers online: NY Times, Washington Post, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Fired Up Missouri, and a few snippets from some others.

A bite of lunch and then I decided to do a bit of laundry.......with the kids and grandkids arriving tomorrow the linen closet in the bathroom needed replenishing with fresh towels, etc., etc. After that....I quickly discovered that many, many of my long sleeved shirts had not been ironed since last spring. Well......I am one that does not particularly enjoy wearing a good shirt that has lost its ability to not have wrinkles after a wash. Soooo, into the spare bedroom closet I went......and came out with about 17 shirts that needed some tender loving care.....a bit of a warm iron to rub and caress their tender threads. Soooo, I spent some time doing just that.

Then......very quickly, it was music lesson time for my five talented students. Like I have said, it is enjoyable to work with others in assisting them to learn the joys of performing.....be it on the beginning level or the advanced level like one young many that I have. He simply soaks up my advice like a sponge.......with him 30 minutes is just not long enough for either of us. I also have a mom.......a lady here in town who is attempting to return to her pianistic abilities of her younger days.....even tho she is NOT even 40. And.....she, too, is just eating up all that I give her to practice and study. It is these type of students that make it sooooooo enjoyable!!

Dinner was red medicine and a delicious salad of baby spinach and other veggies, along with some diced boiled eggs sprinkled over the top of the salad after the balsamic vinegerette had "dressed" up the salad. Oh yeah......some candied walnuts were also sprinkled over the salad.......sweetness and the acidity of the dressing.......yummmmy!!

Then.....it was time for the latest episode of The Amazing Race!!!! Good God......how I do wish that Weaver family would lose out!!!!!!!!!!! I sure don't believe their brand of Christianity is the same type that I enjoy and have been a part of all my Life. Plus......well, I just don't wear my on my shirt sleeve, as my mother used to say. But.....we are all different and I am NOT intolerant to them, or anyone else. There is plenty of room on this old globe for all of us and all of our religions and all of our opinions.......right???? I think so!

I keep in touch with soooooo many really new FRIENDS that I have made through our RV club.....and so it is always soooo much fun to check during the day with our website and my email to see what is happening in everyone's daily life. Many of us have been very busy......spending quite a bit of time.....as we organize ourselves into a somewhat differently structured rv club than what has been available to us in the immediate past. The basis for the club is.....ownership of a Cedar Creek RV....that is the brand of rv for those of you who aren't avid rvers!! We have a wonderful time when we get together at different rallies and are always counting the days until we can meet again. But.....the camaraderie(sp?) is fantastic.......and the support that everyone gives to others, well.....it is difficult to describe how great this is!!!!!!

Soooo, another day slipped by....as I said above. Tomorrow is prep day for TURKEY DAY!!!! More pounds to add to my expanding and aging body.......UGH!!!! But.....................

Life is GREAT.......and I hope for all of you, also!!!!!!!!

No comments: