Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A quick drive to NASHVILLE...

A very busy morning......had to dash to Farmington to have my 69 graying hairs trimmed back a bit.....doesn't take very long as my "hairdresser" can clip those few hairs very, very quickly!! Then a quick stop in Sears, and another quick drive back to F'town. Drove thru a car wash to remove the dirt and grime of the past few weeks, home to clean the inside a bit, threw some clothes into a bag(getting so I dislike having to pack a bag...would rather go to my closet in TheHowserHouse on wheels......and before much longer the 1st Lady was home from school. Loaded the car and then one of the other science teachers arrived at the stick and brick and we headed for TN. It only took a bit less than 5 hours to drive down there......and a very easy drive.

Not a problem locating the hotel.....checked in....and then the science educators in my car were deposited at the Opryland Conference Center to register for the National Conference. And.....finally we were off to dinner deciding to stay in the area. So.....we ate at the Santa Fe restaurant.......a place the 1st Lady and I had eaten back in 2004 when Jeremy was working here in Nashville as the researcher for Al Gore's Presidential Campaign. His national headquarters was here in town and so Jeremy moved here after he had graduated from Auburn University and was hired by Gore. The food was very good.......a relaxed type of place where you can just toss your peanut shells on the floor.

Back at the hotel now......and anxious to get out and about tomorrow while the science nerds(don't tell the 1st Lady I said that!!!) are at the Conference. Lots to do and see here.....and I intend to do and see as much as possible in the next 2.5 days. On my plans are a shopping trip to Camping World.....actually just up the street from the hotel!!!! Weather looks good for the next couple of days, too!!!

Doug....how was the golf game this morning out there in Californialand???? Andrew......guess by now you have signed your life away on your first house.....WOW.....that IS exciting!!! Linda....can't believe you stayed in bed until 5am this morning!!!!

Sooooo, before I get myself in trouble talking to a few of you on here tonight......(I've had a small glass of my dark red medication)....I will close this.

Life is GOOD (I'm traveling!!!!!!)......and I hope it is good for all of you, also.

No comments: