Friday, November 18, 2005

BUSY!!!! And an interesting day...

Up early...for me.....this morning as I had to have the truck in the Ford dealer service shop this morning by 8am. While in Memphis this past weekend, the window on the the driver's side (MY side) stopped moving. Thank God it was all the way UP.....especially after we had soooooo much rain early this week. Plus....the little switch that moves my side mirrors quit working. This switch was not that much trouble, but the window was a pain in the ass, to put it very bluntly!!! Soooo, after two hours of drinking the weakest coffee I have ever poured into a cup (while in the waiting area), and after paying a $345 bill for repairs, I returned home......knowning that the 1st Lady would come unglued when she saw the amount of the bill (and she did!).

So.....a bit of reading the newspapers and another cup of REAL coffee and I hit the yard......mowing and mulching the leaves. Spent three and a half hours on that little job, but it was a decent day to be outside, albeit a bit chilly.

Then after the 1st Lady returned home from the classroom, and after she came back down to earth after seeing the amount of the repair bill, we went out to dinner at a local eatery. This place has EXCELLENT catfish on Friday nights.....and it is all you can eat, which make it even better!!

Returned the 1st Lady to our place on the hill, and then left for the high school to attend a town meeting of irate citizens who are fed up with the rising utility rates in the town, and to listen to a presentation by the loca electric coop on their offers to buy the city's electric business. At the end of the meeting, I was pressed to run for Mayor.....hmmmmm......not in my plans for the remaining years of my life.......and so then I was arm twisted to run for the CityCouncil from my ward......again, not in my plans or goals. Soooo, it was very heart warming to realize that others felt like I was the person that could get some changes made in the city......but my heart is just not in it to return to the political arena. Last year when I ran for the Missouri House of Representatives was quite enough to satisfy my yearnings for a political office!!!!

Soooo, I know the phone will begin ringing, the letters will begin to arrive, and wherever I go in town, I will be pushed and coerced to jump into the ring......once again. Hmmmmm.......perhaps I should leave town??? HAHAHA.....

Sooooo, the day is over. What will tomorrow bring?????? I haven't the foggiest!!!

Life is GOOD!!!!!.....and I hope for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: