Monday, November 21, 2005

Will the yard EVER get put to bed???

Yeah.....the title is correct!!! I was up at 7am.....had my Fr. Roast coffee in the warmth of the stick and brick, and then I waited patiently until the sun low in the southern horizon sufficiently warmed the air before I ventured outside. I had been carrying around in the back of my truck several boards of various lengths to use under the tires to keep TheHowserHouse on an even keel when we camped.....so, I took them out and stored them in the "basement" of TheHowerHouse.

Changed my shoes and jeans and donned some grass-stained work clothes and after a couple of hard tugs, I got the and crunch and mulch machine purring.....even in the cool, cool air of the morning. Before long I was hard at it mulching the leaves on the south half of the yard........a task that requires setting the mower low to the ground and even then going over the same area a couple of times to get about 95% of the fallen leaves. The day turned a bit warm....and then the winds came and it was a race against the winds to keep all of the leaves in their place until Icould run over them a couple of times. But.....believe the worst is over......aren't you glad???? Now you won't have to read about all of this mundane stuff again.....hehehee!!

More time was spent storing some outdoor furniture and pillows in the shed for their long winter's hibernation. Of course, once I unlocked the little storage shed....I found myself wondering what was stored in ALL of the boxes in there......and so, I spent some time rummaging thru a few of them. Ahhhhh....the beauty of being a father: storing STUFF for all of your children!!!! None of them live here, but oh yes......we still have LOTS of their things that can NOT be thrown away!!!! Does that sound familiar to anyone???? If not, you must be tooo young to have grown children.....because, let me warn you.....it WILL happen to you, too!

Supper was just that.....supper. A surprise visitor, Andrew Gipson, stopped by after managing to kill a deer out on his family's estate. I am very surprised and shocked that he remembered how to reach my stick and brick......it has been sooooooooo long since he has been here. But we had a brief visit for about 45 minutes before I had to leave for a Board of Education monthly meeting. Talk centered around his upcoming marriage, his newly purchased home, furnishings, and a few wedding plans.

I was at the Bd. meeting for just over three hours. The agenda was not that involved, however, there is always more to the meeting than just what is on the printed agenda........always.

Soooo, now......it is recall time for me: trying to remember what I did today so I can write about it......hahha!!

I have been involved lately with the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club.......a newly formed national organization that will be overseen by officers and a board of directors. This is a different concept from the older club and will allow for more representation of all the members,.... and issues can be voted up or down, depending on the will of the members. As we all know.....this allows for a better flow of opinions, creativity, and fairness in making decisions that affect all of the members.

Soooo, it is getting a wee bit late....and I still have some things to prepare for tomorrow.....

Life is GOOD (how can it not be?).....and I hope it is for all of you, too!!!!!

1 comment:

Jimmie C. said...

Hey John,
If you figure out how to get the kids to take their "stuff" or at least let us throw it away, let me know.

Jim C.