Monday, November 28, 2005

A day of cleaning.....

The Monday after the Turkey Day........and the day to do laundry, put away little toys that were hiding inbetween the pillows and in the cracks of the sofas, vacuum up the nut shells and crumbs from the grandkids snacks, and get mop the kitchen floor.

After painting yesterday, the old broken arm from this summer was giving me fits all day. Went back to working out the left hand to do many of the tasks......and while it made all the tasks take longer, things were completed as planned.

This evening I went to the local City Council meeting. VERY interesting!!!! I am being arm-twisted to run for the city council......which is NOT in my plans for the coming years. But......I went to observe the meeting and came away a bit pissed at a few things that are happening, or should I also say....not happening. Oh well.......I am beginning to feel like I have fought enough battles in my public and professional life and that I just don't need any more battles during this Lifetime!

Came back, not tooo late, and baked a half dozen peanut butter cookies.......I just hadn't had my infusion of calories today so that I could complain about the weight pulling my aging body downwards. Soooo, I took on a few more calories to validate my sagging body!!!!!!

Many things to get done tomorrow......and then pack a few clothes to head down to Nashville about noon on Wednesday. It usually takes about 4 hours to get there from here......a few toooo many two lane roads to make any good time, even when driving the 1st Lady's Park Avenue. But...will be there for dinner that evening without a problem.

While the 1st Lady is attending the conference, I plan to do some shopping as we will be staying VERY close to Opry Mills and the other attractions in that area. Also want to spend a bit of time at Camping World while in the neighborhood....might have to pick up a few "needed" items.

Sooooo.....as I struggle with this sagging body.......

Life is Good......and I hope for all of you, also!!!

No comments: