Thursday, November 17, 2005

Hmmmm....what happened to yesterday????

WOW.....I woke up this morning and all of a sudden I realized that I hadn't written my thoughts and actions for yesterday.....CRAP!!!! I just simply sat my you-know-what on the sofa and by 10pm, my body was crying loudly for the bed......so LOUDLY that I gave in and laid this aging carcass on the bed and was gone. Sooo....

Yesterday....I had some errands in the local city center (nice sound for a small, rural community), and then returned to the brick and stick and quickly remembered that I hadn't finished removing all the items in the pantry in TheHowserHouse......and the temps were predicted to get ohhhh sooooo low. I quickly grabbed a basket and began to carry in things from the pantry, the bathroom, and the basement that might not enjoy get a bit frozen overnight.

Then......it was Wednesday....and that means about three hours of giving private lessons to the muscially hopefuls. And, some of them are becoming quite musical!!! By the time the last one was gone.....it was time for a quick supper.....NOT dinner, but a plain little supper of wild rice, and steamed veggies laying on the bed of steaming rice....ummm, yep...it WAS good. Of course......and you know what I am going to say.....my evening meds had to be consumed with dinner.....a requirement for a healthy heart.

Could be that it was my dark red medicine that made me sit on that sofa and get soooooo lazy feeling!!!!!???

Today:

I had to be in Farmington this morning for an appointment at the St. Francois Courthouse. Always something to take care of .....retirement is not always a 24/7 occupation!! So, it was early afternoon before I returned to Buford Heights......the hill we live on top of! Then, it was coffee time.....and catch up on the email that arrived this morning while I was gone. And before I knew it, the afternoon had disappeared and the 1st Lady was coming in the door from the high school.

I threw some left-over chili into a pot and warmed it over for supper.....hmmmm, two "suppers" in a row. What happened to dinner this week???

Had to watch "Survivor" this evening while the 1st Lady attend her twice a month meeting of her Sorority. Then talked with Jim Sage who called from an important meeting that I was supposed to have attended in Kansas City, but my morning appointment kept me from being there. I really hated to miss this dinner meeting so that I could join in the discussions on the issues that were being reviewed and modified. But.....alas, it was not to be.

Sooooo, another day is waning, and it is time for my last cup of tea to warm my growing belly prior to laying my aging body in the bed.

Mark, if you read this during your meeting........have a GREAT day!!!! HAHA

Soooo, ....Life is Good, and I hope for all of you, too!!

No comments: