Tuesday, September 27, 2005

WHEW......LOTS of yard work today!

Yep.......spent most of the day in the yard working on the lawn, collecting limbs and sticks from the yard left by local storms including Rita's last hurrah, and just doing some much needed trimming along the edges. The weather was wonderful with workable warmth(notice I didn't say the dreaded word: heat), and beautiful blue skies. This was the kind of day that I love so much.

Oh yeah....I did clean the bathroom today. It was beginning to need some very personal attention.......I heard it whimpering while I took my shower this morning....and so, I gave it the needed TLC with all facilities getting a good scrubbing.

After my yard work, I spent some time on the patio reading my current novel and just watching the breezes play among the various decorative grasses that we have. Some of them are now fully finished with their feathery plumes which were beautiful to observe today......almost like ballet dancers with such graceful movements.

When the 1st Lady arrived home from teaching today, we then paid a visit to the Funeral Home for the visitation of the former band student of mine. I saw many other former students there.......she was a very well-liked young lady who always wore a smile.....ALWAYS.

Then tonight....well, it was the first installment of the fall series of "The Amazing Race". I LOVE this show.......had at one time thought about applying to get on the show, but things happen to fast to me at this age......everything goes sooooo damn fast now. Soooo, it just never worked out.

My body is a bit out of shape........many of my muscles are mad at me and are screaming very loudly with their complaints about how I misused them today in the yard. BUT......the loudest complainer is my right arm and the wrist. Feels like I will have to take some pain killer tonight.........I've already taken my dark red medicine with dinner.

Well.......time to finish up some things and then lay these tired bones down for a few hours of rest. Soooo, .....until tomorow.....Life is Good, and I hope for you, also!!

No comments: