Thursday, September 15, 2005

RAIN...RAIN....RAIN!!!!

It started in the wee hours of the morning and continued for almost the entire day!!! Wow.....I just finished the grass mowing and when that warm old sun comes out tomorrow.....well, the grass will need my personal attention by Sunday......not what I really want to do again so soon.

Nothing like feeling like a house robber......... some friends of ours who are out of town doing their job called early this morning and needed me to get into their home and pick up a few small items which were needed for an upcoming event. Soooo, carrying an umbrella I drove out there to their home, located the unlocked door and as I entered the house I began calling out "hello!....hello!!".....hoping no one was there who would attack me for breaking and entry. Sooo, as I made my way thru the interior rooms to the designated room where these items were hidden, I continued to call out.....trying to insure my own Life. Thankfully, I didn't come upon some family member who was sleeping or who stayed home from work because of illness. I located the hidden items, stuffed them into my pockets, and made my way out of the silent home.......a home that was as quiet as a tomb. And, as far as I know.......no one is aware of my entrance....except the long-gone away owners.

Went by the local Library to see if they accept donated books. They were very grateful and said that they did take donations of books, so I informed the librarian (NOT Marian the Librarian from a previous post) that as soon as I got them all together I would bring them down to her. We must have 40-50 books...hardback....that we no longer want or need......books of all categories from fishing to home repair to biographies of politicians and musicians. It is just time to let others read these, if they want, as we have finished with them and they are just collecting much dust in the bookcases.

Had lunch.....and watched it rain. Also took in some various shows on the tellie and then read the current novel that I started a few days ago.

Supper was good.....and healthy. Rice with steamed veggies on top such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and tomatoes with a small handful of cheese scattered across the entire dish. Love this concoction (sp?)!!

Watched the first installment of Survivor. Hmmmm.....will reserve comment for another time and after a few more chapters......

Then came our President's speech.........hmmmmm.......I do have comments but will hold them from publication. I still am upset with the way the entire tragedy was handled, ....at least the long delay before assistance was sent.......unforgiveable!

Soooo, another day..........and Life is good........and I hope for you, too!

No comments: