Monday, September 26, 2005

A Relaxing Do-Nothing Day....

Yep......that is just what I did today.....with NO guilt whatsoever. I spent a very relaxing retired day around the stick and brick. Enjoyed my coffee, watch a bit of the tellie, did some catch-up on my magazine reading, and.......hmmmm, I guess that was about all. Oh yeah........I did put together an Italian tomato and mozzarella cheese salad for supper. Then......I had the monthly Board of Education meeting to attend......which took 2.5 hours of the evening......about average in length for a Bd. meeting.

I am reaaalllly finding it interesting just how many people are reading this little blog. On Saturday, I had over 150 hits.....and yesterday and today there were almost 100 on each day. I do believe that there are alot of Cedar Creek Club members who are enjoying the pictures and the comments on the Central Division Rally that the 1st Lady and I attended in Branson over the weekend. I can tell from my site meter that members of the Club are coming to my blogspot from the CC Club website, so I know that has something to do with the large number of visitors. HOWEVER......there are many, many foreign visitors, also. I wish I had kept track of all of the various hits from over the world.......India, China, Australia, many, many countries in Europe, Africa, and Central and South America. WOW.........I had no idea I would be sooooo well-read.....hahahaa!!!!

Tomorrow.....well, it will have to be a yard mowing day. If not......I will have to cut and bale the grass.....it is getting soooo tall with all of the rain from Rita and the warm sunshine. Thankfully, cooler weather has arrived and if it does get hot again, I know it will not last tooooo long as we approach the month of October. I also need to do my fall fertilizing as it is much better for the grass than in the spring.

I learned late this afternoon that one of my former high school band students, who graduated in 2003, was killed in an auto accident in St. Louis yesterday. What a terrible tragedy.........she was attending Univ. of Missouri in St. Louis. This only re-enforces my belief that you should enjoy EACH and EVERY day because you/we just do not know what will happen tomorrow......or even later this evening. Life is just tooooo short to wait until "later on" to do what you want to do! Seize the moment.....and enjoy!

Soooo, until tomorrow.........ENJOY YOUR LIFE.......don't wait until it is toooo late (which could come at any time!).

No comments: