Friday, September 09, 2005

Just hanging out....but, Life is good!

Friday……

WOW….I am parked and “camped” with the BIG BOYS tonight!!!! Yep…..I am parked and ready to spend the night in the truck parking area of the Flying J Truck Stop in Effingham, IL. There are at least 175 other big rigs here……and just a couple of other RV’s, so even tho their gennies are running, it is relatively quiet inside TheHowserHouse. I have the “Fantastic Fan” (quiet exhaust fan which is very, very strong) going to pull in fresh air from the ceiling in the bedroom……works like a charm and is cooling things down to a very comfortable temp. I thought that if it does get a bit humid in here, I will just turn on my OWN gennie and start the a/c for a while. But…..no need to as yet.

Today….well, it would have to be called just a day of hanging out waiting for the final repairs to be completed. Went out to New Castle from Indy late in the morning, Tried the wi-fi at the Flying J there, however I quickly learned that there is a charge for using it, soooooo, I just forgot about getting online this morning.
Went into New Castle, looked around, went to the friendly WalMart and took a tour to see if they had anything new, had lunch at KFC…..something I rarely ever do, but wanted some chicken strips, and then went on out to Walnut Ridge RV Sales. Talked with a couple of people I knew from last year, and then went thru all of the new RV’s that they have in their HUGE rv sales center. They usually keep about 400 rv’s on the lot, however I only looked at the new ones in the building. Still like mine……!!!!!!!!!!

Picked up TheHowserHouse about 3pm…and after getting hooked up I rolled out of their and before long was going thru the rush hour traffic on Friday evening in Indy!!! Not toooo bad……highway is fairly good thru there with pretty good merging lanes for those getting onto the I-70. 3.5 hours later I arrived here in Effingham. Gassed up, found a spot to park this rig, and then went inside to have dinner……steak and seafood buffet. REALLY quite good!!!!

Soooo, here I am……going to post this and get to bed. A bit tired from all of this hanging out I did, just wasting the hours in no-where land. AND.....just the complete concentration that I must give when rolling down the highway with literally hundreds and hundreds of huge trucks all around me, and, of course, going by me in one hell of a hurry. I keep TheHowserHouse going right at 60mph....and that is fast enough for me with all of the weight pushing on my ass once I get it up to speed.

Until tomorrow……..life is good!!

No comments: