Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sunday morning after a rainy night...AND A LATE AFTERNOON UPDATE!

WOW......did it ever rain last night!!! I never wake up during a rain, but last night must have been a real downpour because I WAS awakened by the pounding on the roof of many, many big raindrops. But.....nevertheless, we were soon up and heading over to a pancake breakfast. More laughs, more food, and some live entertainment to keep us going. And, speaking of going, I must close this for now and get TheHowserHouse packed up, umbilical cords detached and stored in the basement, and then hooked up so we can "paddle" across Missouri and get back home this afternoon. Looks like heavy rain all the way back........oh well......Life is always an adventure.

More later.....

And....later it is....let's see....about 5:25pm. The 1st Lady and I backed TheHowserHouse into the stick and brick driveway....just 5 hours after leaving ABC and all the lucky rallyers who get stay together longer!!! Yep.....as I said above, we DID paddle all the way home thru fog, rain, and drizzle all the way across the state. For those of you who don't know, we live 80 miles south of St. Louis......Fredericktown, MO.

WOW......it was SUCH an incredible weekend!!!!!!! Many, Many, Many thanks to all of those who put the weekend Rally together. As the National last April was our very first Rally, we returned this past Friday and felt soooo much at home with everyone. WHAT A GREAT GROUP OF CC CLUB MEMBERS!!!!!!! I am not sure when we had soooo many laughs......soooo much fun......with sooooo many great people/friends!!!

Now, as I sit here and sip a cup of my good ole' French Roast coffee and reflect on the past couple of days......it is nothing but positives that come to my mind. Can't wait until we can do this again.

A final update later this evening.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya, the picture is very serious, but I'm not. I just wanted a different picture for a while.