Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hmmmm.....another day disappears due to lack of excitement

Yep.....the title is correct. A day without controversy, without confrontations, without committments, without excitement..........a day that could be called boring. BUT......I will not stoop that low....."boring" is a word I dislike very strongly because there is ALWAYS something that can be accomplished and something to keep one's mind occupied and something new that WILL occur. Now.......let's see........when, today, did any of those things happen to this OLD man?????

Coffee/breakfast had to be inside.......the ravages of the rainstorm that blew through here last night left the patio very wet and filled with twigs and leaves. Soooo.... I found myself watching a bit of the news on the tellie and attempting to find something positive in what I was watching/hearing. Hmmmmm, must not have because I don't remember anything..........???

Actually, the morning rather flew by: did some laundry, checked on the status of the garage repairs, looked over the outside flowers to see if any were not destroyed in the heavy downpours (only a few still have petals), did some emailing, and then went out to WalMart Supercenter to pick up some items for dinner tonight.

Left in early afternoon for my 2 mile walk......it was nice and cloudy when I left the yard....and within five minutes the sun had jumped out and began to beat down upon my balding head, and before long.....I was one large sweatball!!! Returned dripping from the walk and then went right to the weights......and pumped some iron for about 30 minutes. The weakling appendage hanging from my right shoulder is getting stronger!!!! I am about ready to increase the weight on my right barbell.....YEAH!!!!!

Gave a piano lesson later today: fixed tortellini with alfredo sauce accompanied by grilled wheat bacquette slices covered with garlic butter, a salted tomato slice, and grated cheese with a basil leave on top. Of course.....the obligatory glass of dark red medicine helped to smooth the entry of all of this food into my stomach! Dessert for later this evening is fresh strawberries covering Breyer's Vanilla Bean ice cream......hmmmm, calories??????? YEP!!!

Tonight I'm reading another Ken Follett novel.....another one about WWII. This one is not nearly as good as the first one of his that I read earlier this summer......damn it!!! That one caught me up from the very first paragraph and kept my interest piqued all the way to the end.....but this one??? Well.......I should have known that that kind of a book is rare. Love to read.........would read more each day if I didn't feel sooooo guilty about not doing a few things around here!

Speaking of that......looks like we are going to remodel a great portion of our house this winter. Soooo, I DO have things that need to be checked on........prices.....colors.....styles.....trim.....floor coverings.......etc., etc., etc. Decisions on all of these things, plus many, many more. UGH......and these decisions have to be agreed upon by both the 1st Lady and myself........now that is ALWAYS interesting. We seldom agree on decorating so it might not be necessary to turn on the furnace as it gets colder here in the house........hahaha.

Hmmmm.......looks like I have written a lot....about nothing!!! Perhaps that is the state of my mind these days........a lot about nothing. Sort of like a Trivia expert, huh????

Soooo, until tomorrow........Life is good ( for you too, I hope!!)

No comments: