Saturday, September 10, 2005

Back in HUMID, HOT Missouri

Hmmmm, a night of interrupted sleep while "camped" in the Flying J truck parking lot. NOT that I didn't expect it.....because I rather thought this might happen....but it IS free and very, very convenient to I-70. I just do not feel like paying $22-$26 for a camp ground spot when I will not even be hooking up my umbilical cords from TheHowserHouse to the electricity, water, and sewage disposal, not to mention not using the pool or other varied recreational activities that are available.

Sooooo, with over 192 trucks there, as that is the amount they can handle with parking spots, but there were many, many others along the sides of their parking lot. I published my writings last night, then read for a couple of hours and turned out the light in the bedroom. Sometime after midnight....more trucks must have driven thru, as I woke up and had difficulty going back to sleep. Then a couple of hours later I got COLD....yes, COLD......I had the exhaust fan on and the air was so damp and cool that I had to turn it off for the rest of the night. Then around 6am the rigs began to start up and pull out for their trips across the USA. Soooo, I left a bit after 7AM and arrived at the stick and brick about 10:30 this morning.

WOW......this place is HUMID and HOT!!!! As I approached STL, it became hazier and hazier....the humidity just hanging in the air......and all the way south to here it looked like everyplace was drenched in smokey looking air......just humid, though. TERRIBLE!!! Will FALL ever arrive???????????

This afternoon.....well, guess what.....I napped off and on most of the afternoon. Isn't that a surprise??

This evening........well, guess what.....I just sat around and enjoyed doing nothing at all!!!! Soooo, I will post this now and edit it later this evening if anything exciting happens......it probably won't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey John, why don't you guys move up north somewhere? I've told Jim we're not buying land again until we find someplace with damn near ZERO humidity... but it can't be desert either. LOL