Monday, September 12, 2005

A wee bit late...... and an evening update.

Yep.....I just got lazy....(perhaps??)....and didn't get anything written last night. There just wasn't that much to talk about....and I was still really tired from my little jaunt to Indiana. Hmmmm....you know that is beginning to worry me: why do I get soooo tired from a small little trip??? I know....KNOW...that I don't exercise as much now as I did last winter and spring.......rather let it drop after I broke my right arm......had to spend most of my time learning how to utilize my left arm and hand to take over the necessary tasks that it had NEVER done before. Soooo, my weight lifting has stopped. And....I MUST get back to my walking a couple of miles each day. I MISS both of these routines greatly........but, I will not go back to walking until this heat and humidity has left us.

I am going to attempt to get back to lifting .......albeit lighter pounds....but need the muscle stretching and tightening. At this age EVERYTHING sags.....and pretty soon I will have to get one of those Chinese imports.....a male bra.....hahaha. The horrors of getting old(er)........

Went to church yesterday morning. Then went to see Mike yesterday afternoon/early evening. Watched a bit of TV last night.....took a long phone call from Mr. Engaged Gipson and tried to catch up on things, but a face to face visit needs to take place and neither one of us can match our schedules.......how terrible is that??? His life as a band director with the fall marching schedule is a life I remember oh soooooooooo well!!!!! Hmmmm.....I wonder whose fault it is that he has such a hectic schedule/life these days??????.....I wonder.

More later........today.

Yes, yes......I lifted weights today and by using a lighter weight for my right arm......no hurting or damage done, and I felt soooo much better after going thru my routine. THEN.......I checked outside and there was a great breeze and the sky was actually turning blue, so I put on my walking shoes and off I went: did 2 miles in 28 minutes.......my usual time for this round trip to the city lake and back!! Felt good doing it!!!!

Did an hour or so of reading on the patio after I returned from my walk. Then began some clearing out of a LARGE bookcase in our bedroom. Have decided that these books were read by me YEARS ago, and after looking at each one individually, I decided to pack them up and get rid of them. You can keep things just sooooo long and then it is time to get rid of stuff.....even books. Soooo, will have to see if the local Library will take them as these books will not sell in a garage sale. DO need to dispose of them where they can be used by someone who would enjoy them......hmmm, the hospital perhaps????? Don't know......will check on that also.

After dinner......decided to mow some grass. Worked about an hour and then the breeze had died and I just about died of the heat and evening humidity. Sooooo, back to the comforts of a/c in the stick and brick......

Soooo.........until tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are both thankful for your friendship. If it weren't for you, Andrew and I wouldn't have met, but more importantly, he would not be doing what he truly loves. I know he appreciates all the guidance you have given him over the years.