Friday, September 16, 2005

COOL WEATHER......WOW!

Can it really be happening?????????? Can the heat/humidity actually be leaving us???? I am really excited about this prospect!! Fall has always been my favorite time of the year.......can't wait until the fall colors arrive, providing the drought didn't ruin everything.

Spent some time today again reviewing my collection of books and deciding which ones I am ready to dispose of to the local library. Not easy, after collecting them for over 50 years........but I do not see any need in them, and it is just time to get rid of a lot of "stuff" that we have accumulated.

This afternoon, I decided to open up the rolling HowserHouse. BUT......the beveled glass door that is between the kitchen/dining room and the den would not open......the door handle, while turning up and down, would not release the door. ANGRY....I became!!!! Just brought it back a few days ago.....and it wouldn't work!! Called the service manager at our dealer in Indiana.....and he said to take it off and he would airship me a new one....should have it tomorrow. Well, easier said than done!!! The screws were on the OTHER side of the door and so I could not reach them. Had to LITERALLY rip it off by using tools.....and then still couldn't get the bolt out. So.......along came my garage contractor and he spent two hours getting it clipped, sawed, and pulled out......and then replacing the door trim that he had to remove to get it done.!!!! "NOTHING IS AS EASY AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE!!"

Fried fish tonight at one of the local cafe establishments. Not toooo bad!!!! Enjoyed it!!

Off to St Louis tomorrow..........shopping trip to begin to "argue" over new items for our remodeling project in the house. haha.....and as usual, I'm sure the "argue" part will occur! We just never agree on decorating.......

Until tomorrow......Life is good......and I hope the same for you, too.

No comments: