Friday, September 02, 2005

NEVER....EVER....!!

As I sit and watch and listen to this catastrophy that has been and is continuing to take place in N Orleans,it is almost more than I can believe........but, in fact it IS happening in front of all of our eyes. The political double talk that is coming from many officials in our government is the same type of "cover-your-ass" talk that always occurs when there is blame that must, and will, be placed.

I experienced that same thing at 9AM this morning when I called our Congressional Representative Joanne Emerson's office in Washington D.C. Expressing my outrage at the lack of assistance to the people down there, I was told that "that is why Rep. Emerson is coming in to the office today.........." Well, to say the least......I came unglued on the phone. I was also told that she was cutting short her vacation to return!!!!!! I heatedly discussed the lack of planning from FEMA for disasters of this size, as well as from many other agencies.......told the office lady that after 9/11 that something like should not have happened...that preparations should have made in the way of planning for something like this....that N.O. was listed as one of the top three places that a disaster such as this could occur and yet, NOTHING was ever done EXCEPT to cut funding for working on the levees in N.O. that would have raised their stability for floods and storm surges.
Of course, the only reply was an official political double talk line.....and I just told her not to give me that political trash talk.....I then gave her my name, spelled it out for her, my address, and my phone number!
Am I angry?........shit....I believe that was evident from my post last night!!!!!

GAS!!!! It is overy $3 a gallon here......I believe the 1st Lady said it was $3.10 when she came home from school a bit after 3pm. I returned from Farmington at 2:45 and it was only $2.99..........amazing how they can raise the prices soooo much in such a short time period. It is sooo upsetting but it seems to be one those things that we have no control over and can do nothing about.......except complain(bitch, is more like the correct word).

hmmmmm.....I seem to be in a negative, fighting, kick-um-in-the-ass mood today. Not my usual disposition and this is not a pleasant way to be......I do not like confrontations like this morning when I talked with Rep. Emerson's office staff. But.......sometimes things go about as far as I can handle and then I have to let it rip.....and that is what is happening today. There is absolutely nothing that I detest more than anything that appears to be intolerance and/or racial prejudice of others!!!!!!!!!!! THAT is when I come unglued!!!!

Soooo, this afternoon I finished washing the RV......something I started before I called Wash. DC this morning when it was cool and the 5er was not in the sun. I waited until after dinner this evening and spent the last two hours of daylight finishing the job. And now.....guess what!! My healed(??) arm is aching like hell!!!! (not sure what type of "ache" that is). But.....I will survive as I said a few weeks ago. The washing did help me mentally.......somewhat.

I am thinking more and more about calling the Red Cross to see if they need some help.....serving meals, cleaning, making cots.....whatever. I have to make a little journey for a couple of days next week, but after that I am free and could go down there if I can be of help. They may have all they need, but I feel sooooo damn helpless just sitting here when there is soooo much distress, frustration, and helplessness being felt by so many thousands and thousands down there. The 1st Lady sent a check this afternoon to the Red Cross Relief Fund.......

Ok......let's see what good things tomorrow might bring........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogging from Airplanes
Blogging from Airplanes Gadling alerts us to the brand new travel blog called InFlightHQ - tips, tools and techniques for inflight productivity .
Hi, I liked this post to your blog. I have a blog site that you may be interested in. It is related to free forex training and currency trading. There are a number of people making money trading the forex or mini forex, visit free forex training for some nice tips and articles.

Anonymous said...

Hey Howser, I was wondering, who do you contact about helping out with the hurricane victims? In 2 weeks I'll be done with my long-term sub. job, and I feel the need to help as well.