Tuesday, August 16, 2005

WOW..... more rain!

After a cloudy morning, the skies opened up and rain poured down early this afternoon.......and we can sure use it down here. Sooooo good to see rain without going through some horrific thunderstorm first.

Had lunch downtown in the city center of Fredericktown........met with a former student who is on her way to NYC after having graduated from Truman State University this past spring. A very talented young lady who can do whatever her mind desires......so, I am hoping for the best for her. As I have always said, "if you don't think BIG, nothing big will ever happen".

Made a quick run to the fast disappearing WalMart here in town. The new Supermart opens on the edge of town next week and by now, anything will be an improvement. It will be most interesting to see if other new businesses will move to the west side of town now that WM has built out there. Ohhhhhh.....goodness, how CAN I forget to mention that the very FIRST stoplight in town has been erected at the turnoff to the new Supermart!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow....progress in our little community.....well, at least as far as stoplights go.

Watched for the first time the movie "Ray" tonight. WHAT A MOVIE!!!!!! I immediately came to the internet to check on his children, his bio, etc., etc.......he had 12 children!!!! Lots of notes and lots of offspring......a very prolific creator.

36 more hours and this damn cast is going to be sawed off.......I HOPE!!!! Eight weeks in this thing is more than enough......hopefully.

I have my appointment for my warranty issues on the mobile HowserHouse to be taken care of.....right after Labor Day over in New Castle, IN.......about 35 miles east of Indianapolis. Looking forward to getting things fixed that have been troubling me......just little things that bug me a bit.

Will be in Eldon for the 1985 class's 20th reunion......should be great fun to see many of the former students that I had in band over there. (Hope I recognize AND remember them......hehehee).

Well....enough rambling chatter for this evening. I'm afraid many of these posts are becoming rather boring......nothing exciting in them about my travels, etc., etc. Guess I need to stir up some excitement around here!!!

Later.....

No comments: